Digital TV News: Deutsche Telekom
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 sell T-Mobile Netherlands
Sep 7, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have entered into an agreement to sell T-Mobile Netherlands to WP/AP Telecom Holdings, an entity jointly controlled by funds advised by Apax Partners and Warburg Pincus.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile NL, Tele2, Thorsten Langheim, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands
Deutsche Telekom offers UEI remote with its Apple TV 4K service
Aug 18, 2021 – As part of its Apple TV 4K service, Deutsche Telekom is offering customers the voice-enabled Apple TV 4K remote control designed specifically for MVPDs from Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC).
News categories: Universal Electronics Inc, Deutsche Telekom, Steve Gutman, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom TV subscribers up 37,000 in Germany in 2Q 2021
Aug 12, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2021. In Germany, 37,000 new TV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.933 million, an increase of 5.6 percent compared with June 2020.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom to offer MagentaTV on Apple TV 4K
Jul 13, 2021 – From July 20, 2021 Deutsche Telekom will be offering MagentaTV in combination with an Apple TV 4k media player. The package includes an exclusive remote control that has been optimized for MagentaTV.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apple, Michael Schuld, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Magyar Telekom extends AMOS-3 DTH agreement with Spacecom
Jul 5, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that T-Home DTH has signed an extension contract with Spacecom. T-Home DTH broadcasts over 160 channels to Hungary, including over 30 in HD, via the AMOS fleet at the 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, Magyar Telekom, Oren Tepper, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats