Digital TV News: Deutsche Telekom
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
Sep 13, 2022 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL Deutschland have broadcast live TV content via the 5G standalone network of Deutsche Telekom. The technology was used by ntv for a live interview ahead of the Digital X tech trade fair in Cologne.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, RTL Deutschland, Claudia Nemat, Stephan Schmitter, 5G, Digital TV, Germany
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
Comcast Technology Solutions back-end selected by DT for Magenta TV
Jun 6, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite is being rolled out as the back-end platform for Deutsche Telekom's Magenta TV. Deployments began in Austria and will be phased across other Deutsche Telekom markets throughout 2022.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Ken Klaer, Pedro Bandeira, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Austria's Magenta Telekom launches Magenta TV with Broadpeak
Mar 9, 2022 – Magenta Telekom is using a Cloud PVR solution from Broadpeak to deliver its streaming service, Magenta TV. With the solution, Magenta Telekom is able to deliver live, VOD, Cloud PVR, catch-up TV, time-shift TV, and other advanced services.
News categories: Broadpeak, Magenta Telekom, Jacques Le Mancq, Christian Jaros, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
ANGA COM to return in May
Feb 14, 2022 – ANGA COM is to make a comeback on 10 to 12 May 2022 in Cologne. Gross exhibition space for the first 300 exhibitors is already more than 20,000 sqm with the total space of European and North American exhibitors already at the level of 2019.
News categories: ANGA COM, Dr. Peter Charissé, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
Android TV powered MagentaTV One launches in Germany
Jan 31, 2022 – Deutsche Telekom has announced an expanded partnership with Google including its TV service, MagentaTV One, powered by Android TV OS, available now in Germany and expanding to additional European markets.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Google, Tim Höttges, Sundar Pichai, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Deutsche Telekom TV subscribers up 33,000 in Germany in 3Q 2021
Nov 12, 2021 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the third quarter of 2021. In Germany, 33,000 new TV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.966 million, an increase of 4.7 percent compared with September 2020.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution