Digital TV News: Digisoft
Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
Jun 21, 2017 – Digisoft.tv has announced the release of its casting solution, Playmigo. The SaaS and technology platform enables OTT video providers to cast their content to almost any connected TV device without the need to develop and deploy TV apps.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, John Casey, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs reports 2Q FY2015 results
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended August 2, 2014. Net revenues for the quarter were $42.8 million, down $11.0 million from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming
Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure announce joint DRM implementation for STBs
Sep 8, 2014 – Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure have announced that they have launched a reference Encrypted Media Extension (EME) implementation on Digisoft.tv’s Iris HTML5 OS middleware application.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, INSIDE Secure, Fearghal Kelly, Martin Bergenwall, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv launches CastOS at IBC
Sep 3, 2014 – Digisoft.tv is to launch its CastOS framework at IBC. The CastOS framework allows service providers to 'cast' without worrying about the underlying protocols on the target connected devices.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Smart Home, Streaming, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv introduces new Virtual STB
Sep 26, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has introduced its Virtual STB. A pure software product which brings all the services of a hybrid set-top box to connected TVs, the Virtual STB is set to revolutionise the smart TV market by removing CAPEX costs traditionally associated with the technology.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
Jun 19, 2013 – Three HbbTV technology vendors have combined their knowledge and products to present an HbbTV toolbox for broadcasters at BroadcastAsia. The partnership is between Screen, Icareus and Digisoft.tv.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Icareus, Screen Systems, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middleware
Digisoft.tv and Dune HD partner on stick set-top box
Apr 8, 2013 – Digisoft.tv and Dune HD have announced a new cost-effective consumer platform aimed at carriers and retailers. Based on the Dune HD Connect StickSTB™ the agreement encompasses distribution, systems integration, research and development and support.
News categories: Digisoft, Dune HD, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022