Digital TV News: Digisoft.tv
Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
Jun 21, 2017 – Digisoft.tv has announced the release of its casting solution, Playmigo. The SaaS and technology platform enables OTT video providers to cast their content to almost any connected TV device without the need to develop and deploy TV apps.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, John Casey, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs reports 2Q FY2015 results
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended August 2, 2014. Net revenues for the quarter were $42.8 million, down $11.0 million from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure announce joint DRM implementation for STBs
Sep 8, 2014 – Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure have announced that they have launched a reference Encrypted Media Extension (EME) implementation on Digisoft.tv’s Iris HTML5 OS middleware application.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, INSIDE Secure, Fearghal Kelly, Martin Bergenwall, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv launches CastOS at IBC
Sep 3, 2014 – Digisoft.tv is to launch its CastOS framework at IBC. The CastOS framework allows service providers to 'cast' without worrying about the underlying protocols on the target connected devices.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv introduces new Virtual STB
Sep 26, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has introduced its Virtual STB. A pure software product which brings all the services of a hybrid set-top box to connected TVs, the Virtual STB is set to revolutionise the smart TV market by removing CAPEX costs traditionally associated with the technology.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Fearghal Kelly, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
Jun 19, 2013 – Three HbbTV technology vendors have combined their knowledge and products to present an HbbTV toolbox for broadcasters at BroadcastAsia. The partnership is between Screen, Icareus and Digisoft.tv.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Icareus, Screen Systems, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middleware
Digisoft.tv and Dune HD partner on stick set-top box
Apr 8, 2013 – Digisoft.tv and Dune HD have announced a new cost-effective consumer platform aimed at carriers and retailers. Based on the Dune HD Connect StickSTB™ the agreement encompasses distribution, systems integration, research and development and support.
News categories: Digisoft, Dune HD, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0