Digital TV News: EIB
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
Sep 13, 2019 – ADB has announced that Telenor has started to deploy ADB’s graphyne2 pay TV system to all subscribers connected to Telenor’s Cable and IP network. graphyne includes an ADB-designed Service Delivery Platform as well as client software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Rolf Seibl, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
Jun 18, 2019 – MX1 has agreed a service agreement extension with Sky Deutschland. In particular, the scope of MX1’s contingency service will be expanded to include Sky Deutschland's over-the-top (OTT) signals as well as its main broadcasts.
News categories: MX1, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
EurodataTV 2018 Entertainment TV Report released
Apr 18, 2019 – Entertainment shows still capture big audiences regardless of the country, according to the latest edition of the Entertainment TV Report from EurodataTV Worldwide. On average, TV channels devoted 1/3 of their prime time schedules to entertainment formats in 2018.
News categories: EurodataTV, Candice Alessandra, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
Mar 14, 2019 – Eleven Sports has announced the launch of a new streaming service in Japan. Launching on 16 March, the new service will stream live action from the local Eastern and Western League of the NPB Farm Leagues, Japan’s minor league baseball competitions.
News categories: Eleven Sports, Suhyeon Cho, Anouk Mertens, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
HTC VIVE evolves VR portfolio
Jan 7, 2019 – HTC VIVE has announced hardware, software, and content offerings that redefine how VR is experienced. VIVE Pro Eye sets a new standard for high-end VR headsets, VIVEPORT Infinity allows unlimited access to content, and VIVE COSMOS with Vive Reality System reimagines what's possible in VR.
News categories: HTC VIVE, Rikard Steiber, Daniel O'Brien, Drew Bamford, Jamie Leece, CES2021, VR, Worldwide
EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
Dec 14, 2018 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is lending EUR 9.78m to Romanian public company Societatea Nationala de Radiocomunicatii SA (Radiocom) to partially finance the digitalisation of the country’s terrestrial broadcasting infrastructure.
News categories: European Investment Bank, Radiocom, Andrew McDowell, Eugen Brad, Digital TV, Finance, Romania, Terrestrial
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
HTC VIVE and Accedo partner to accelerate VR UX innovation
Mar 29, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it is partnering with HTC VIVE to educate the video industry and accelerate VR innovation. The companies are also working with the Australian National Basketball League (NBL) to create user experiences for sporting events in VR.
News categories: Accedo, HTC VIVE, Australian National Basketball League, Fredrik Andersson, Rikard Steiber, Jeremy Loeliger, Digital TV, UX, VR, Worldwide
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform