Digital TV News: EPIX
Redge Technologies provides TV platform for MiŚOT Group
Apr 5, 2023 – MiŚOT Group has chosen Redge Media as technology provider for the development of an IPTV/OTT/VOD platform that will be available to the customers of small and medium-sized ISPs in Poland.
News categories: Redge Technologies, MiŚOT Group, Marek Szymczak, Krzysztof Czuszek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Streaming
Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
Mar 14, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds two-thirds of U.S. Netflix buyers view the service as indispensable, with more than half of subscribers considering Hulu and Disney+ to be essential.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
Nov 16, 2022 – Redge Media CDN has joined the EPIX traffic exchange node belonging to the MiŚOT Group. Thanks to the cooperation, EPIX participants and their clients have direct access to content distributed by Redge Media CDN.
News categories: Redge Media, EPIX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Streaming
More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
Oct 6, 2022 – Beachfront and Canoe Ventures have announced that a growing list of TV programmers are adopting Beachfront's unified ad serving technology alongside Canoe's Service Assurance offering.
News categories: Beachfront, Canoe Ventures, Chris Maccaro, Mark Shepard, John Fant, Adam Mimnagh, Stevan Levy, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
May 24, 2022 – 24i has launched a personalization and content recommendations service, 24iQ. The results from the integration of 24i’s data team with the technologies and data science expertise of The Filter, acquired by 24i in April.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
SkyShowtime cleared for launch in European markets in 2022
Feb 2, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) have announced that SkyShowtime has received full regulatory approval and plans to launch in more than 20 European markets starting later this year.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Europe, Regulation, Streaming
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
May 27, 2020 – Comcast has announced that existing Xfinity HBO customers will have access to HBO Max at no additional cost via the HBO Max app and website while the companies work to quickly bring the app to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rebecca Heap, Rich Warren, Digital TV
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data