Digital TV News: Ed Mas
Parrot Faurecia supplies European car maker with in-car TV reception
Jul 11, 2017 – Parrot Faurecia Automotive has announced that its Media Center solution has been selected by a European car maker as a line-fit option. The Media Center entered mass production in early 2017 for the European, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean markets.
News categories: Parrot Faurecia, Jean-Luc Tété, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Terrestrial
StarTimes to develop media gateway for Africa with Conax
Sep 7, 2015 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has entered into a contract with StarTimes to co-develop a media gateway for Africa. Conax will provide StarTimes with its Conax Trusted Link security client, security expertise and the technical blueprint for a multi-room service.
News categories: Conax, StarTimes, Morten Solbakken, Pang Xinxing, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Gateway, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Montage announces mass production of cable HD decoder SoC
Apr 15, 2015 – Montage Technology has announced that it has started mass production of its HD decoder SoC M88CC6000 for cable set-top box applications. The M88CC6000 series of chips are designed for the Chinese cable HDTV market.
News categories: Montage Technology, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Skyworth and China Telecom launch smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity
Jan 6, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has announced that Skyworth and China Telecom have launched the world's first Smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity powered by Marvell's G.hn platform solution.
News categories: Marvell, Skyworth, China Telecom, Weili Dai, Liu Tangzhi, Liu Ping, CES2020, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
US pay TV subscriptions rise in Q1 as cable achieves best quarter in years
May 15, 2014 – The number of U.S. household subscribing to pay TV services surged in the first quarter, as the increasingly resilient cable segment moderated its customer loses, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
ALi partners with Huawei to deploy DVB-T2 STBs in Belarus
Jan 20, 2014 – ALi has announced that it has joined forces with Huawei and started mass production shipping of a DVB-T2 set-top box solution to a national telecommunication operator for deployment in the Republic of Belarus.
News categories: ALi Corp, Huawei, Tanyi, Tony Chang, Belarus, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
Dec 10, 2013 – Rohde & Schwarz has been chosen to equip the TV network in the State of Qatar with DVB-T2 technology. Qatar Media Corporation (QMC), will be upgrading its broadcast network for the 2022 soccer world cup.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qatar Media Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Qatar, Terrestrial
MaxLinear and Peregrine Semi team on dual-RF-input digital TV reference design
Nov 5, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a collaboration with Peregrine Semiconductor (NASDAQ: PSMI) to produce a dual-RF-input digital TV front-end reference design, supporting reception of both digital terrestrial TV and cable TV.
News categories: MaxLinear, Peregrine Semi, Brian Sprague, Mark Schrepferman, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020