Digital TV News: Ekioh
Ekioh launches first multithreaded embedded browser
May 1, 2018 – Ekioh has unveiled Flow, a multithreaded HTML browser specifically designed for multi-core processors that delivers a vastly improved user experience. Flow’s layout and animation performance is more than double the speed of other browsers on multi-core silicon.
News categories: Ekioh, Piers Wombwell, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Exterity selects Ekioh TV Browser
Apr 10, 2018 – Ekioh has announced that Exterity has selected Ekioh's TV Browser for its range of IPTV and digital signage solutions. Products are already being deployed in corporate offices, hospitals, hotels, casinos and airports through the world using the two companies' technologies.
News categories: Ekioh, Exterity, Stephen Reeder, Dave Allan, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Wiztivi and Ekioh provide browser-based UI at Argentina's Telecentro
Mar 28, 2017 – Wiztivi and Ekioh have announced that they have worked alongside cable operator Telecentro on a set-top box deployment in Argentina, together providing the User Experience running on the box.
News categories: Ekioh, Wiztivi, Stephen Reeder, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
STK TV-SAT 364 selects Ekioh SVG UI Engine
Apr 25, 2016 – STK TV-SAT 364 has started to roll out an IPTV service in Poland using its RevoTV platform and Ekioh’s SVG UI Engine. The service uses set top boxes from Arris, Albis and Infomir.
News categories: Ekioh, TV-SAT 364, RevoTV, Stephen Reeder, Piotr Okupski, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
Altech Multimedia selects Ekioh's Twin Engine UI Browser
Sep 8, 2015 – Ekioh and Altech Multimedia have announced that Altech Multimedia has selected Ekioh's Twin Engine UI Browser for their high end DTR9401 IPTV set top box. The set top box has already been selected by a Middle Eastern network operator.
News categories: Ekioh, Altech Multimedia, Stephen Reeder, Marco Caputo, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middle-East, Middleware, Set Top Box
DTVKit HbbTV 1.5 now available on the Ekioh TV Browser
Jun 4, 2015 – DTVKit has announced that their HbbTV 1.5 solution is now available on the Ekioh TV Browser. This provides the industry with a commercially sourced browser and the availability of the first turn-key HbbTV solution together with Ekioh.
News categories: Ekioh, DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Stephen Reeder, Paul Martin, ANGA COM, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zenterio and RiksTV launch support for companion devices in Norway
Mar 3, 2015 – Zenterio has announced that it continues to collaborate with Norway’s second largest pay TV distributor RiksTV. The latest launch includes support for companion devices as well as an improved user interface for a seamless experience of RiksTV’s digital and OTT services.
News categories: Zenterio, RiksTV, Robin Rutili, Christopher Knudsen, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming
Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
Nov 20, 2014 – Zenterio has announces that the company has integrated Ekioh’s HTML5 TV Browser with its Zenterio OS. Ekioh’s TV Browser provides Zenterio with HTML5 features including the ability to support HTML5 middleware and render the latest OTT portals from within their TV operating system UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Ekioh, Marco Frattolin, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Dune HD partners with Ekioh for high end user interface performance
Jan 21, 2014 – Ekioh has announced that Dune HD has deployed its twin rendering engine technology on their most popular TV series set top boxes, opening the market for advanced middleware implementations featuring high graphics performance.
News categories: Ekioh, Dune HD, Dr. Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set