Digital TV News: Euskaltel
ORANGE and MÁSMÓVIL sign agreement to combine operations in Spain
Jul 23, 2022 – The joint venture between MASMOVIL and ORANGE will create a sustainable player with the financial capacity and scale to continue investing to foster the future of infrastructure competition in Spain for the benefit of consumers and businesses.
News categories: ORANGE, MÁSMÓVIL, Christel Heydemann, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Spain
Orange and MásMóvil plan to combine their operations in Spain
Mar 8, 2022 – Orange and MásMóvil have entered into exclusive discussions to combine their businesses in Spain. The combination would take the form of a 50-50 Joint Venture with a combined enterprise valuation of €19.6bn.
News categories: Orange, MásMóvil, Stéphane Richard, Jean-François Fallacher, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Agile Content extends collaboration with the MásMóvil Group
Aug 10, 2021 – Agile Content plans to establish a new HQ and innovation centre in Bizkaia, Spain as part of an extension to its collaboration with the MásMóvil Group. The company will also provide services to Euskaltel.
News categories: Agile Content, MásMóvil, Euskaltel, Hernán Scapusio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
Jan 17, 2019 – The Euskaltel Group has become the first operator in Spain to add Amazon Prime Video to its 4K Android TV decoders. The company is adding this feature to its service offering as a result of an agreement with Amazon.
News categories: Euskaltel, Prime Video, Francisco Arteche, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
Dec 17, 2018 – The Euskaltel Group and RACC have signed a new agreement to create RACCtel+, a new brand enabling Euskaltel to offer its entire range of convergent services to members of the Catalan service provider.
News categories: Euskaltel, RACC, Francisco Arteche, Xavier Pérez, Digital TV, IPTV, Spain
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
NAGRA offers end-to-end content value protection ecosystem for Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced support for Android TV with an end-to-end content value protection ecosystem. NAGRA has expanded support for Android TV via an ecosystem driven from cloud.SSP, its cloud-enabled Security Services Platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Maurice Van Riek, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes