Digital TV News: Georges Laplanche
Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
Jul 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) will power Tata Sky's first generation Ultra HD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Technicolor, Tata Sky, Harit Nagpal, Georges Laplanche, Rich Nelson, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor to supply advanced HD set-top boxes to Astro
Sep 9, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: FR0010918292; NYSE: TCH) has announced that it has won a further contract from Astro, Malaysia's leading integrated cross-media group. Technicolor is now to supply HD MPEG-4 STBs with local recording capability.
News categories: Technicolor, Astro, DVR, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor to provide HD set-top boxes to TV Globo for digital viewing in Brazil
Mar 8, 2010 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TCH) has announced that it has signed a contract with TV Globo in Brazil to provide HD set top boxes, bringing the digital TV Globo signal via C-band satellite to rural areas throughout the country.
News categories: Technicolor, TV Globo, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
HD OTT services and environmental performance in new set-top box from Thomson
Jan 7, 2010 – Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has launched its latest set-top box, the 805 HD platform. Available with or without a hard disk, it includes embedded memory to enable over-the-top services and other functionalities including time shifting.
News categories: Thomson, CES2022, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming
STMicroelectronics Achieves EuroDOCSIS 2.0 Certification for HD Set-Top Box Reference Design
Dec 17, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has achieved EuroDOCSIS 2.0 certification for its production-ready reference design for feature-rich cable set-top boxes (STBs) using the company's STi7141 system-on-chip.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Thomson Launches New HD Satellite Set-Top Box for Residential IP Video Services
Dec 14, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced the volume launch of its HD MPEG-4 DSI705, the satellite industry's first set-top-box (STB) capable of supporting IP-based video services over existing coaxial L-band delivery infrastructures.
News categories: Thomson, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Thomson supports HD rollout of cable provider HOT in Israel
Oct 22, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it has extended its relationship with HOT, the leading cable provider in Israel. Thomson will deliver new set-top boxes to support the operator's move to high definition television.
News categories: Thomson, HOT, Cable TV, Digital TV, Israel, Set Top Box
Thomson Supplies Energy-Saving and Compact Cable Set-top Boxes to UPC
Oct 5, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that UPC Broadband is the first operator to take up the latest design of its energy-efficient set-top boxes. The PVR-equipped STB is rolled out on the UPC Broadband network in Europe.
News categories: Thomson, Liberty Global, Austria, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVR, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Switzerland
DIRECTV and Thomson Introduce First Satellite Based Multi-Dwelling Unit Triple-Play Technology Platform
Sep 11, 2007 – DIRECTV (NYSE: DTV) and Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) are launching the first satellite TV distribution system for multi-dwelling units (MDU) to use IP technology for the delivery of TV services.
News categories: Thomson, DIRECTV, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Satellite, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers