Digital TV News: GlobalData
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
Pay-TV revenues in S. Korea to grow at a CAGR of 0.7% over 2019-2024
Dec 30, 2019 – Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to decline at a CAGR of 0.3% between 2019 and 2024. Growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments’ revenues will fail to offset other declines according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research
GlobalData expects decline in Singapore pay TV revenues
Dec 27, 2019 – The total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Singapore is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% between 2019 and 2024, supported by revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Market Research, Singapore
US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
Nov 18, 2019 – Telecommunications and pay-TV service revenue in the U.S. will reach $404.5bn by the end of 2019, representing a 0.5% decline over 2018, according to GlobalData. Pay-TV revenue will drop from $94.4bn in 2019 to $84bn by 2024 as a result of cord-cutting trends.
News categories: GlobalData, Ivan Maldonado, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
Nov 12, 2019 – North America’s SVOD market will close 2019 with an estimated 147 million subscriptions, expanding at a CAGR of 9% through 2023, according to GlobalData. The US market is one of the most competitive SVoD markets worldwide.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Subscribers
IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
Oct 14, 2019 – GlobalData expects that a rise in IPTV subscriptions and increasing ARPU will drive growth in pay-TV service revenues in Japan through 2023. Fixed broadband expansion and rising adoption of OTT services will also increase revenue.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
Growth in IPTV subscriptions to sustain pay TV market in China
Sep 26, 2019 – GlobalData expects that between 2018 and 2023 robust growth in IPTV subscriptions in China will help offset subscription losses in cable TV and sustain market growth. Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue is poised to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% over the period.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, China, Digital TV, Market Research
Negligible growth in India pay TV revenues to 2024
Sep 23, 2019 – Telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% during 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. Within that, pay TV revenues are forecast to grow at a CAGR of only 0.1%.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Broadband, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Pay TV penetration in the Americas to drop to 48.8% in 2023
Sep 4, 2019 – Pay-TV household penetration in the Americas is expected to decline from 53.2% in 2018 to 48.8% in 2023 due to ongoing cord-cutting trends in North America, according to GlobalData. In 2018, the global average stood at 55.3%.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019