Digital TV News: HONOR
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, UX
Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
Oct 10, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced a free privacy compliance solution for CTV and Advanced Media called Privacy.TV. The solution will offer OTT consumer opt-out and data transparency capabilities for publishers, adtech platforms, data providers and device manufacturers.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, Jonathan Bokor, Matt Spiegel, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
Sep 14, 2019 – Witbe has been selected by Turkcell to automate the analysis and testing of their main end-user digital services such as BiP, TV+, Fizy and many others. Witbe will also cover the automation testing of Turkcell's own and third party set-top-boxes.
News categories: Witbe, Turkcell, Mathieu Planche, Elif Yenihan Kaya, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Turkey, UX
RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
Sep 13, 2019 – MediaKind was selected by Brazilian TV network RecordTV to enable its delivery of over 1,000 hours of programming of the 18th Pan American Games, across its Play Plus streaming services, R7 news portal and Record News and RecordTV channels.
News categories: MediaKind, RecordTV, Avicom Engenharia, Clayton Cruz, Sergio Bruzetti, Geraldo Marques, Jaime Ferreira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
Aug 10, 2019 – HONOR has launched its HONOR Vision Series at the 2019 Huawei Developer Conference (HDC). Equipped with three Huawei chipsets, HONOR Vision is the world's first smart screen device to carry Huawei's self-developed HarmonyOS.
News categories: HONOR, Huawei, George Zhao, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
ZEE5 uses Minute.ly AI to boost watching experience
Aug 1, 2019 – Minute.ly has announced a partnership with ZEE5 to personalize their front-end user experience. ZEE5 has integrated Minute.ly's AI tool to enrich its platforms' video content – maximizing user engagement, improving overall video views and site traffic, and expanding ZEE5's reach.
News categories: Minute.ly, ZEE5, Amit Golan, Rajneel Kumar, Tushar Vohra, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
Vast Broadband selects Evolution Digital for app-based video offering
Jun 27, 2019 – Vast Broadband will use Evolution Digital as the end-to-end IP video platform provider for its app-based video offering. The app will feature linear channels, VOD, nDVR, PPV and catch-up/start-over content on an operator-customised user experience.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Vast Broadband, Marc Cohen, Jim Gleason, Android TV, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware