Digital TV News: HONOR
Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
Mar 21, 2023 – Proximus is now using ThinkAnalytics' Think360 to power its Pickx service on all platforms. Think360 uses AI and ML to analyze Pickx subscribers' viewing behaviour to help them find new content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Proximus, Richard Dowling, Raphaël De Beys, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
TCL ranked global top 2 TV brand by Omdia
Feb 22, 2023 – TCL has announced its latest ranking of Global Top 2 TV Brand according to OMDIA's Global TV sets report 2022. The data also suggests that TCL remained No.1 in global 98-inch TV market share.
News categories: TCL, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ateme video-delivery solution validated on Red Hat Kubernetes platform
Feb 21, 2023 – Ateme's live video encoding and delivery suite, including its transcoders and NEA packaging, and CDN solutions, are now validated cloud-native network functions (CNFs) on the Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes platform.
News categories: Ateme, Red Hat, Mickael Raulet, Honoré LaBourdette, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
Netflix taps Nielsen for global audience insights
Jan 18, 2023 – Nielsen has announced an expansion of its relationship with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX), which includes a multi-year agreement to provide linear and streaming audience data across the U.S., Mexico and Poland.
News categories: Nielsen, Netflix, Kim Gilberti, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mexico, Poland, Streaming, USA
Enensys and Electrolink provide transmitters to Rai Way for DVB-T2 refarming
Jan 18, 2023 – ENENSYS and ELECTROLINK have delivered to Rai Way all the DVB-T/T2 transmitter systems, operating in the regions of Abruzzo, Lazio and Liguria, related to the refarming project in Italy.
News categories: Enensys, Electrolink, Rai Way, Christophe Trolet, Danilo Capponi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
Hellas Sat supports Orange Romania DTH consolidation
Jan 16, 2023 – Hellas Sat and Orange Romania have signed an agreement to support the completion of the DTH merger of the Orange Romania and Orange Romania Communications (formerly Telekom Romania Communications) TV package and offers.
News categories: Hellas Sat, Orange Romania, Christodoulos Protopapas, Digital TV, Romania, Satellite
rlaxx TV partners with Wurl for FAST channels
Jan 3, 2023 – rlaxx TV has announced a cooperation with Wurl to bring new content partners and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) to rlaxx TV. Wurl's content enables streamers to expand their channel lineups and increase revenue.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Wurl, Ronny Lutzi, Sean Doherty, Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
LG unveils 2023 Smart TV lineup at CES
Jan 3, 2023 – LG is introducing a refreshed, more personalized user experience in 2023. New 'Quick Cards' offer users easy access to the content and services. LG's more advanced webOS makes it easy with personalized recommendations.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, UX
Source Digital introduces metaverse experience for LG Smart TVs
Dec 27, 2022 – Source Digital and Sansar have announce a metaverse experience for webOS-based smart TVs, delivering the immersive power of the Sansar metaverse and offering access to the 'dual world' of 2D/3D events.
News categories: Source Digital, Sansar, Hank Frecon, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV