Digital TV News: Huawei
AR/VR device shipments projected to reach 43.2 million units in 2025
Jul 23, 2020 – Total shipments of AR/VR devices are expected to reach 5.12 million units in 2020, according to TrendForce. The market is projected to have a compound annual growth rate of 53.1% from 2020 to 2025.
News categories: TrendForce, Jason Tsai, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
Jul 6, 2020 – Fraunhofer HHI (together with partners including Apple, Ericsson, Intel, Huawei, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and Sony) is celebrating the release and official adoption of the video coding standard H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC).
News categories: Fraunhofer HHI, Media Coding Industry Forum, Benjamin Bross, Dr. Detlev Marpe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
May 26, 2020 – Dailymotion has announced a strategic partnership with Huawei Video, Huawei's Entertainment Service. Through the partnership, Huawei Video has integrated Dailymotion’s video player technology in its application.
News categories: Dailymotion, Huawei, Stéphane Godin, Jervis Su, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
May 21, 2020 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are expected to undergo a 5.8% decrease YoY and reach 205.21 million units in 2020. In the shrinking TV market, brands are vying for business growth by demonstrating their technical superiority.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Huawei, Qualcomm and Samsung welcome release of MPEG-5 EVC standard
May 8, 2020 – Huawei, Qualcomm and Samsung have welcomed the release of MPEG-5 Essential Video Coding (EVC) – a new video coding standard designed to meet both the business and technical needs of the media industry.
News categories: Huawei, Qualcomm, Samsung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Integration of voice control into STBs key to market growth
May 5, 2020 – According to Technavio, the set-top box market is poised to grow by $4.19 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 3% during the period. The integration of voice control will offer immense growth opportunities.
News categories: Technavio, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Advanced TV revenues to reach $26bn by 2025
Apr 27, 2020 – Advanced TV revenues are forecast to grow at a 9% rate from 2019 to 2025 to $26 billion, according to DSCC. Advanced TV is any TV with advanced display technology, including OLED TVs, 8K LCD TVs and LCD TVs with quantum dot technology.
News categories: DSCC, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended December 31, 2019. Dish TV India witnessed tapering subscriber acquisitions in the period post Diwali.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Satellite
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria