Digital TV News: Huawei
Vianeos partners with Sunrise to launch Samsung TV app in Switzerland
Nov 12, 2019 – Vianeos and Sunrise have announced the launch of the TV NEO application on the Tizen platform for Samsung Smart TVs. Vianeos did the design (UX and UI) as well as the development of the app which is connected to the Huawei Envision platform.
News categories: Vianeos, Sunrise, Samsung, Bachir Ghalayini, Bruno Duarte, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Switzerland, UX
Growth in IPTV subscriptions to sustain pay TV market in China
Sep 26, 2019 – GlobalData expects that between 2018 and 2023 robust growth in IPTV subscriptions in China will help offset subscription losses in cable TV and sustain market growth. Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue is poised to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% over the period.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, China, Digital TV, Market Research
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Worldwide
HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
Aug 10, 2019 – HONOR has launched its HONOR Vision Series at the 2019 Huawei Developer Conference (HDC). Equipped with three Huawei chipsets, HONOR Vision is the world's first smart screen device to carry Huawei's self-developed HarmonyOS.
News categories: HONOR, Huawei, George Zhao, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
Aug 9, 2019 – At the Huawei Developer Conference, Huawei launched HarmonyOS – its microkernel-based, distributed operating system. HarmonyOS will first be used for smart devices like smart watches, smart screens, in-vehicle systems, and smart speakers.
News categories: Huawei, Richard Yu, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Voice Assistants used to control Smart Homes to grow by 769%
Jul 29, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, the number of voice assistants used to access smart home devices will reach 555 million by 2024; up from 105 million in 2019. By 2024, Juniper Research expects more than 90% of voice assistants to be used to control smart home devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, China, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
Jul 18, 2019 – techARC-Unomer has released some key insights about OTT Entertainment (Live and VOD) App penetration in India. The insights are from Unomer AppMap, an in-depth analysis of smartphone and consumer data collected from over 5 million smartphone users across the country.
News categories: techARC, Unomer, Faisal Kawoosa, Vinay Bapna, Apps, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Panel prices may drop below costs in 2H
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Witsview, despite the recent relaxation of the US-China trade dispute, demand for various end products in 2H will remain in a conservative mood until the situation becomes clear, leading to a less-than-expected restocking demand for panels.
News categories: TrendForce, Witsview, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
5G smartphone shipments to overtake 4G in 2023
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Canalys, 5G-enabled handsets will reach nearly 800 million units in 2023, accounting for 51.4% of all smartphone shipments, passing 4G smartphones five years after commercial launch. The CAGR between 2019 and 2023 will be 179.9%.
News categories: Canalys, Nicole Peng, Mo Jia, 5G, Market Research, MWC19, Smartphone, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware