Digital TV News: IBM
MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
Nov 5, 2019 – MediaMath has announced a partnership with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP). LiveRamp’s IdentityLink (IDL) will be integrated into MediaMath’s bidding infrastructure, providing marketers a best in class experience for targeting and measurement.
News categories: LiveRamp, MediaMath, Travis Clinger, Jeremy Steinberg, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
MultiChoice lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Feb 27, 2019 – MultiChoice Group Limited (MCG) has listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The listed MCG includes MultiChoice South Africa (MCSA), MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH), Showmax, as well Irdeto, and all their subsidiaries and affiliates.
News categories: MultiChoice, Naspers, Irdeto, Calvo Mawela, Bob van Dijk, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finance, OTT, Satellite, South Africa, Worldwide
Australia's Network 10 signs up with Lotame for audience data
Feb 19, 2019 – Network 10 has signed a partnership with data management platform Lotame as it continues to accelerate the roll out of its data solutions. The partnership gives 10 access to Lotame’s extensive third-party data sets.
News categories: Network 10, Lotame, Christian Williams, Luke Williams, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
Streaming Video Alliance publishes documents on ad delivery for OTT and 360°/VR
Sep 14, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two newly approved documents. The documents cover advertisement delivery across OTT and the current state of 360-degree video and best practices
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Mourad Kioumgi, Brian Stevenson, Ori Finkelman, Eric Klein, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, VR, Worldwide
IBM Watson Media and IRIS.TV team up to launch AI-powered video recommendations
Sep 12, 2018 – IBM Watson Media (NYSE: IBM) and IRIS.TV has announced the launch of Video Recommendations, an AI content personalization engine designed to help publishers boost viewer engagement through highly relevant video programming recommendations.
News categories: IBM, IRIS.TV, David Mowrey, Richie Hyden, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Increased mobile viewing of video is driving demand for better content experiences
Sep 14, 2017 – According to a new study released by IBM (NYSE: IBM) and IBC, more than half of the 21,000 consumers surveyed are using mobiles every day to watch streaming videos, and that number is expected to grow 45 percent in the next three years.
News categories: IBM, International Broadcasting Convention, Steven Canepa, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC2019, Market Research, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature