Digital TV News: IEEE
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
IEEE Launches New Effort to Advance EPON Protocol over Existing Coaxial Distribution Networks
Dec 5, 2011 – IEEE has announced it has launched a study group to investigate a new PHY (Physical Layer) standard for operating the Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) protocol transparently over coaxial distribution networks.
News categories: IEEE 802, Broadband, Cable TV, Fibre, IPTV, Smart Home
Future of Broadcast Television Summit Declares Global Goals for Future of Broadcasting
Nov 11, 2011 – Television broadcasting executives, technologists and engineers gathering this week in China agreed that a global approach to the future of terrestrial TV broadcasting is the ideal method to avoid competing standards, overlap, and inefficient deployment of new services.
News categories: FoBTV, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Imec implements multi-mode digital TV receiver on reconfigurable processor
Oct 10, 2011 – Imec has announced that it has developed a reconfigurable receiver for highly diversified digital video broadcasting standards. The receiver is realized using algorithm-architecture co-optimization of imec's reconfigurable processor ADRES.
News categories: imec, ATSC 3, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Qualcomm Atheros Delivers Powerline Connectivity Solution for Home Networking
Sep 28, 2011 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced its new AR7420 chipset, which it will be demonstrating at the Broadband World Forum. The AR7420 enables devices to provide network connectivity through existing household electrical wiring.
News categories: Atheros, BBWF, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Broadcom Announces Industry's First 40nm Single Chip HomePlug® AV and IEEE 1901 Powerline Device
Sep 27, 2011 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 40nm single chip monolithic Powerline Communications (PLC) SoC that is HomePlug® AV 1.1 certified and IEEE 1901 compliant.
News categories: Broadcom, BBWF, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
ATSC 3.0 Technology Group To Explore Next-Generation Broadcasting
Sep 6, 2011 – The ATSC has formed a new technology group to develop 'ATSC 3.0,' a series of voluntary standards and recommended practices for a next-generation digital terrestrial TV broadcast system that would serve viewers and TV stations for decades to come.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Sigma Designs Introduces its CG2210 HomePlug AV Chipset
Sep 6, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has unveiled the Sigma Designs CG2210, a new HomePlug AV chipset that delivers HD quality video across electrical wiring inside the home.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads