Digital TV News: José María Álvarez-Pallete
Liberty Global and Telefónica to merge UK operations
May 7, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) and Telefónica (Madrid: TEF) have agreed to merge their operating businesses in the UK to form a 50:50 joint venture. The combination will create an integrated communications provider with over 46 million subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, MandA, Mobile, UK
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC21, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
May 24, 2018 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Telefónica (NYSE: TEF:US) have announced a global partnership to integrate Netflix’s service into Telefónica’s TV and video platforms in Europe and Latin America.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC21, Spain
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.