Digital TV News: José María Álvarez-Pallete
Liberty Global and Telefónica to merge UK operations
May 7, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) and Telefónica (Madrid: TEF) have agreed to merge their operating businesses in the UK to form a 50:50 joint venture. The combination will create an integrated communications provider with over 46 million subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, MnA, Mobile, UK
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC20, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
May 24, 2018 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Telefónica (NYSE: TEF:US) have announced a global partnership to integrate Netflix’s service into Telefónica’s TV and video platforms in Europe and Latin America.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC20, Spain
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5