Digital TV News: José María Álvarez-Pallete
Liberty Global and Telefónica to merge UK operations
May 7, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) and Telefónica (Madrid: TEF) have agreed to merge their operating businesses in the UK to form a 50:50 joint venture. The combination will create an integrated communications provider with over 46 million subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telefónica, Mike Fries, Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete, Cable TV, MandA, Mobile, UK
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC20, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
May 24, 2018 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Telefónica (NYSE: TEF:US) have announced a global partnership to integrate Netflix’s service into Telefónica’s TV and video platforms in Europe and Latin America.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT
Cognitive intelligence platform enables Telefónica customers to manage their own data
Feb 26, 2017 – Telefónica has announced a platform that will be the basis for a new relationship model with its customers. AURA will enable users to manage their digital experiences with the company and control the data generated by using Telefónica’s products and services.
News categories: Telefónica, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Chema Alonso, Big Data, Digital TV, MWC20, Spain
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand