Digital TV News: KT Skylife
Samsung and KT Skylife demonstrate 8K satellite broadcasting
Jul 30, 2019 – Samsung Electronics and KT Skylife have demonstrated the transmission and reception of 8K satellite broadcasting on a Samsung QLED 8K television at the Mokdong Broadcasting Center in Seoul.
News categories: Samsung, KT Skylife, ETRI, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite, Smart TV
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
NAGRA protects KT SkyLife's satellite/mobile TV service for vehicles
Jun 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing SkyLife LTE TV (SLT). SLT allows passengers in cars and buses to enjoy HD satellite programming 'on-the-go' without interruption caused by traveling in heavy rain or through South Korea’s tunnels.
News categories: NAGRA, KT SkyLife, Stéphane Le Dréau, Han Lee, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Satellite
KT Skylife adds NexGuard watermarking to partnership with NAGRA
Apr 5, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that NexGuard watermarking has been selected by KT Skylife. The partnership allows KT Skylife to meet forensic watermarking requirements mandated by MovieLabs’ Enhanced Content Protection for premium content, including 4K Ultra HD and HDR.
News categories: NAGRA, KT Skylife, Stephane Le Dreau, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, Satellite, Watermarking
KT Skylife selects Alticast for TELEBEE OTT service
Sep 26, 2017 – Alticast has announced that KT Skylife has selected the Alticast Ambient TV platform as the foundation for TELEBEE, an end-to-end OTT service that will provide a competitive edge against Netflix, Hulu and other SVOD services.
News categories: Alticast, KT Skylife, Joonhee Oh, Shinho Ryu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Korea, Streaming, UX
NAGRA adds anyCAST CONNECT to 4K Ultra HD partnership with KT Skylife
Sep 6, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its content protection partnership with Korean satellite broadcaster KT Skylife to include NAGRA’s anyCAST CONNECT solution.
News categories: NAGRA, KT Skylife, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Han Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Korea, Satellite
Ericsson chosen by KT Skylife for UHDTV expansion
May 26, 2016 – KT SkyLife has chosen Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) HEVC encoders to expand its Ultra High Definition (UHDTV) service. The deal marks KT SkyLife's fifth UHD channel launch to date, and underlines its leadership in providing the greatest number of UHDTV channels in Korea.
News categories: Ericsson, KT SkyLife, Giles Wilson, Han Lee, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite
DMT to supply Deseo companion device to NET Brazil
Apr 19, 2016 – Digital Multimedia Technology (DMT) has announced that it has signed a contract with cable TV operator, NET, of Brazil to supply its Deseo companion device. Deseo converts an HD set-top box into a secure UHD/4K gateway.
News categories: DMT, NET, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting