Digital TV News: Konka
LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
Feb 3, 2023 – LG has announced the availability of the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit on its webOS Hub. There are now 200 partners working on the webOS smart TV platform including Seiki, Eko, Stream System, Konka, Aiwa and Hyundai.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apple, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
Dec 7, 2022 – KONKA (000016. SZ) and MBC Group have announced a partnership that will allow KONKA Android and webOS smart TV users in MENA countries to access MBC's Shahid via the homepage launch bar or the Shahid App.
News categories: KONKA, MBC Group, Kobe Liao, Apps, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV, UX
KONKA plans GCC region expansion
Nov 29, 2022 – KONKA (000016.SZ) is set to ramp up business expansion in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region with a focus on increasing its retail footprint and launching a series of new products tailored to local customers.
News categories: KONKA, Hursh Agrawal, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Konka selects NetRange to power HbbTV on Android-based Smart TVs
Aug 30, 2022 – NetRange has announced that Konka will use its ACCESS NetFront Browser BE HbbTV for Android solution to support providers in the MENA region choosing to launch interactive and smart TV services via HbbTV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Konka, Michi Uematsu, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middle-East, Smart TV
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
KONKA enters North American smart home market
Dec 21, 2020 – KONKA has announced that it will enter the smart home market with the debut of its KONKASmart line-up at Digital CES. The KONKASmart product lineup will be available in North America beginning in Spring 2021.
News categories: KONKA, CES2023, North America, Smart Home
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023