Digital TV News: Ly Tran
New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
May 26, 2023 – New DIRECTV STREAM customers who sign-up for the service can receive priority access to the waiting list for a Telly 55” 4K dual-screen TV due to launch later this summer.
News categories: Telly, DIRECTV, Ilya Pozin, Vikash Sharma, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
EMEA spending on telecom and pay TV services to grow 2.7% this year
May 16, 2023 – Spending on telecom and pay TV services in the EMEA region grew by 2.4% in 2022, reaching $449bn, according to IDC. IDC expects spending this year to increase by 2.7% to reach a total of $461bn.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East
Telly launches free dual screen Smart TV in the U.S.
May 15, 2023 – Telly has developed a TV combining a 55" 4K HDR display with a separate built-in Smart Screen. Telly has opened ordering for 500,000 free units that will begin shipping to U.S. consumers this summer.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Spending on telecom services and pay TV to grow by 2.0% next year
May 5, 2023 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services reached $1,478 billion in 2022, increasing by 2.2% Y-o-Y, according to IDC. IDC expects an increase of 2.0% next year to reach a total of $1,541 billion.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
FCC & NAB to collaborate on completing transition to ATSC 3.0
Apr 17, 2023 – FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel has announced a 'The Future of TV' initiative, led by the NAB, to identify a roadmap to orderly transition from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0-based services.
News categories: FCC, National Association of Broadcasters, Jessica Rosenworcel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, USA
OCGL uses AWS to enhance video streaming and improve accessibility
Apr 17, 2023 – AsiaSat's OCGL is using AWS for live streaming and to roll out new applications and services swiftly without the need to worry about infrastructure stability and scalability.
News categories: AsiaSat, AWS, Roger Tong, OCGL, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Ateme, Six Floor Solutions and Pushologies automate fan engagement
Mar 30, 2023 – Ateme, Six Floor Solutions and Pushologies are offering an automated solution that allows sports content rights holders and streamers to increase fan engagement while opening up e-commerce possibilities.
News categories: Ateme, Six Floor Solutions, Pushologies, Remi Beaudouin, Pedro Aço, Charlotte Barham, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
Mar 23, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced new planning tools and partnerships enabling brands to capitalize on Tubi's audience via enhanced forecasting, identity and currency options.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max