Digital TV News: MStar Semi
MStar and SERAPHIC showcase HbbTV 2 at CCBN 2017
Mar 27, 2017 – MStar and SERAPHIC showed an HbbTV 2 demo on Mstar's latest set-top box chipset platforms at CCBN 2017. SERAPHIC's HbbTV solution, based on its Sraf HTML5 Browser, is pre-integrated with MStar’s STB SoCs.
News categories: SERAPHIC, MStar Semi, Xinwen Xue, Gigi Ma, CCBN, China, Digital TV, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mstar integrates Irdeto Rights for China DRM Hardware Profile
Mar 23, 2017 – Irdeto has announced the successful integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM Hardware Profile with MStar's trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware on chipsets equipped with Side Channel Resistance (SCR).
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, Marco Xie, Wayne Tsai, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi RDK application suite for MStar STB chipsets
Feb 7, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor to provide a comprehensive suite of software for MStar’s System-on-a-Chip (SoC) targeted at Set-Top Boxes (STB).
News categories: Tata Elxsi, MStar Semi, Sreekumar K P, Bill Hsiung, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, HTML5, Media Player, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zenterio and MStar show set-top box software integration at Convergence India
Feb 6, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has integrated its Zenterio OS middleware for connected pay TV with set-top box (STB) chipsets from MStar Semiconductor. The combined software will be shown at Convergence India 2017.
News categories: Zenterio, MStar Semi, Ashley Reid, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
MStar integrates Opera TV OTT solution for STBs
Jan 5, 2017 – Opera TV and MStar Semiconductor have announced the availability of a built-in OTT solution on MStar’s STB SoCs. Together, Opera TV and MStar are offering STB manufacturers and service providers a pre-integrated platform, providing cost savings and reduced time-to-market.
News categories: Opera TV, MStar Semi, Aneesh Rajaram, Bill Hsiung, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
MStar announces support for Nagra's TVkey
Jan 4, 2017 – NAGRA and MStar Semiconductor have announced MStar’s plan to adopt the TVkey direct-to-TV security technology in its EMC SoCs for 4K Ultra HD HDR televisions, pending finalization of the new TVkey licensing body.
News categories: NAGRA, MStar Semi, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MaxLinear and MStar develop cable gateway reference design for China
Jan 4, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and MStar Semiconductor have announced a joint reference design that allows Chinese cable operators to deploy the next generation of ultra-high definition (UHD) smart cable gateway set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: MaxLinear, MStar Semi, Will Torgerson, Wayne Tsai, Cable TV, CES2023, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor
SoftAtHome SOP8 integrated with MStar hybrid STB chipsets
Jan 2, 2017 – SoftAtHome and MStar have announced their partnership. MStar’s latest Hybrid Set-Top Box chipset solution is integrated with SoftAtHome’s SOP8 software to enable operators to benefit from the latest advanced security solutions.
News categories: SoftAtHome, MStar Semi, Arnaud Bensaid, Bill Hsiung, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
INTEK Digital selects SERAPHIC browser for global STB markets
Oct 31, 2016 – SERAPHIC has announced that INTEK Digital is to use its Sraf HTML5 browser in a range of set-top boxes for global markets. The browser will be used initially on HbbTV 1.5 and then later on HbbTV 2.0 compliant products.
News categories: SERAPHIC, INTEK Digital, Ye Wang, Jack Kim, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022