Digital TV News: Meta
BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
Jan 31, 2023 – BARB has beta launched an API to give its clients more flexibility in how they access BARB viewing data. The API includes three types of linear viewing data: programme audiences, advertising spots and impacts by time segments.
News categories: BARB, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
Jan 24, 2023 – The NBA and Meta have announced a new virtual reality (VR) experience through Meta Horizon Worlds via Meta Quest headsets, featuring live NBA League Pass games in VR throughout the season.
News categories: NBA, Meta, Jennifer Chun, Rob Shaw, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, USA
Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
Jan 25, 2023 – YouSee has agreed a deal with Simply.TV. Metadata from Simply.TV will help YouSee with visuals, recommendations, sports info, ingestion of broadcaster data, and an ID space bringing all services together.
News categories: Simply.TV, YouSee, Daniel Rühmann, Jannie Marie Kaarsberg, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Brightcove and Magnite partner to boost CTV and OTT ad monetization
Jan 10, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has entered into a relationship with Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) where Magnite will power advertising for Brightcove customers. Brightcove will also integrate the SpringServe ad server.
News categories: Brightcove, Magnite, SpringServe, Marc DeBevoise, Sean Buckley, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
iWedia and Simply.TV partner to boost live TV engagement
Jan 5, 2023 – iWedia and Simply.TV have announced a joint solution that enhances the experience for consumers with rich metadata and advanced content discovery while unlocking revenue growth and added value for brands.
News categories: iWedia, Simply.TV, Krsto Lazic, Daniel Rühmann, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Source Digital introduces metaverse experience for LG Smart TVs
Dec 27, 2022 – Source Digital and Sansar have announce a metaverse experience for webOS-based smart TVs, delivering the immersive power of the Sansar metaverse and offering access to the 'dual world' of 2D/3D events.
News categories: Source Digital, Sansar, Hank Frecon, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022