Digital TV News: Mitch Singer
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
Apr 14, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for its UltraViolet streaming service.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Mitch Singer, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, OTT
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) Announces Key Milestones
Jan 4, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced it has reached key milestones toward establishing the first open market for digital content distribution. In addition, DECE announced that 21 new companies have joined the group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT
LG, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor to Launch HDBaseT™ Industry Alliance
Dec 15, 2009 – LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor have announced that they intend to launch a cross-industry alliance to promote and standardize the HDBaseT™ technology for whole-home distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content.
News categories: LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony Pictures, Valens Semi, HDBaseT Alliance, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Industry Leaders to Create Global Standard Enabling 'Buy Once, Play Anywhere' Consumer Experience for Digital Media
Sep 12, 2008 – A consortium of more than 20 leading companies have announced the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), a digital media framework that will enable consumers to acquire and play content across a wide range of services and devices.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS