Digital TV News: Mitch Singer
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
Apr 14, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for its UltraViolet streaming service.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Mitch Singer, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21, OTT
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) Announces Key Milestones
Jan 4, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced it has reached key milestones toward establishing the first open market for digital content distribution. In addition, DECE announced that 21 new companies have joined the group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT
LG, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor to Launch HDBaseT™ Industry Alliance
Dec 15, 2009 – LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony and Valens Semiconductor have announced that they intend to launch a cross-industry alliance to promote and standardize the HDBaseT™ technology for whole-home distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content.
News categories: LG Electronics, Samsung, Sony Pictures, Valens Semi, HDBaseT Alliance, Blu-ray, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Industry Leaders to Create Global Standard Enabling 'Buy Once, Play Anywhere' Consumer Experience for Digital Media
Sep 12, 2008 – A consortium of more than 20 leading companies have announced the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), a digital media framework that will enable consumers to acquire and play content across a wide range of services and devices.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0