Digital TV News: NAGRA
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
HISPASAT and NAGRA to launch wholesale OTT service in Latin America
Mar 9, 2022 – HISPASAT has made an agreement with NAGRA to develop a wholesale OTT TV solution. The service will enable pay TV operators, ISPs and regional content companies to offer multiscreen entertainment without having to roll out their own infrastructure.
News categories: Nagra, Hispasat, Nancy Goldberg, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Streaming, UX
Allente launches Android TV service with KAON and 3SS
Feb 22, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente has launched its next-generation super-aggregated TV services for Scandinavia on an Android TV STB, supporting DTH satellite, IPTV and OTT.
News categories: 3SS, KAON Media, Allente, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
Jan 11, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that QXC Communications has selected NAGRA's U.S. Streaming Solution to enable the replacement of its legacy video offering with a fully-featured streaming service for the multi-dwelling unit (MDU) market.
News categories: NAGRA, QXC Communications, Nancy Goldberg, John Von Stein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
RAI first FTA broadcaster to watermark content against piracy
Sep 28, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Radio Televisione Italiana (RAI) is using its NexGuard forensic watermarking and anti-piracy services to protect its streaming content and related ad revenues.
News categories: NAGRA, Radiotelevisione Italiana, Thierry Legrand, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming, Watermarking
1Tennessee implements U.S. streaming solution from NAGRA
Sep 9, 2021 – 1Tennessee has selected the OpenTV Video Platform from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to deliver its IP-based multiscreen video service. The solution includes Harmonic cloud video, a CRM system from GLDS and Jackson Energy Authority's E+ Premier.
News categories: NAGRA, 1Tennessee, Xavier Fustagueras, John Warmath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Nagra releases 2021 half year results
Aug 26, 2021 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2021 half year results. Digital TV delivered a strong first half in spite of COVID-19-related market turbulence.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Worldwide
Allente integrates Google Common Broadcast Stack with KAON and 3SS
Aug 24, 2021 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have completed a hybrid set-top box integration for Allente. Allente is one of the first operators to integrate the Google Common Broadcast Stack in an Android TV Operator Tier box.
News categories: 3SS, KAON, Allente, Google, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Matthias Puschmann, Android TV, Broadcast, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
JEA launches video streaming service with NAGRA and Harmonic
Aug 17, 2021 – Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) has teamed up with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to launch an IP-based multiscreen video streaming service, 'E+ Premier', powered by NAGRA's OpenTV Video Platform and Harmonic’s VOS 360 cloud streaming solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Harmonic, Jackson Energy Authority, Xavier Fustagueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden