Digital TV News: NAGRA
RAI first FTA broadcaster to watermark content against piracy
Sep 28, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Radio Televisione Italiana (RAI) is using its NexGuard forensic watermarking and anti-piracy services to protect its streaming content and related ad revenues.
News categories: NAGRA, Radiotelevisione Italiana, Thierry Legrand, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming, Watermarking
1Tennessee implements U.S. streaming solution from NAGRA
Sep 9, 2021 – 1Tennessee has selected the OpenTV Video Platform from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to deliver its IP-based multiscreen video service. The solution includes Harmonic cloud video, a CRM system from GLDS and Jackson Energy Authority's E+ Premier.
News categories: NAGRA, 1Tennessee, Xavier Fustagueras, John Warmath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Nagra releases 2021 half year results
Aug 26, 2021 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2021 half year results. Digital TV delivered a strong first half in spite of COVID-19-related market turbulence.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Worldwide
Allente integrates Google Common Broadcast Stack with KAON and 3SS
Aug 24, 2021 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have completed a hybrid set-top box integration for Allente. Allente is one of the first operators to integrate the Google Common Broadcast Stack in an Android TV Operator Tier box.
News categories: 3SS, KAON, Allente, Google, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Matthias Puschmann, Android TV, Broadcast, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
JEA launches video streaming service with NAGRA and Harmonic
Aug 17, 2021 – Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) has teamed up with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to launch an IP-based multiscreen video streaming service, 'E+ Premier', powered by NAGRA's OpenTV Video Platform and Harmonic’s VOS 360 cloud streaming solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Harmonic, Jackson Energy Authority, Xavier Fustagueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
Jul 29, 2021 – Claro Colombia has selected the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform to power its Claro Box TV. The Android TV-based STB enables Claro Colombia’s clients to enjoy advanced services including VOD, start-over, catch-up TV, cloud DVR and remote control voice assist.
News categories: NAGRA, Claro Colombia, Xavier Fustagueras, Walter Borda, Android TV, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Sagemcom develops IP/DVB-T2 Android TV STB for TIM
Jul 12, 2021 – Sagemcom has launched an IP/DVB-T2 Ultra HD Set-top Box for TIM. The device gives access to TIM entertainment services as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and much more.
News categories: Sagemcom, TIM, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
Jun 9, 2021 – SES HD PLUS Ghana has integrated its satellite TV service into selected Samsung TVs using NAGRA’s TVkey Cloud technology. The built-in operator app offers users direct access to HD+ straight out of the box as part of a new TV installation.
News categories: Nagra, Samsung, HD PLUS Ghana, Multimedia Group, Thierry Legrand, Lucas Lee, Theodore Asampong, Abdulai Awudu, Apps, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Smart TV
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia