Digital TV News: NENT Group
Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
May 18, 2022 – Pluto TV has expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Viaplay paying subscribers up 33% in 2021 to 4,005k
Feb 8, 2022 – The NENT Group has released results for the period January-December 2021. The company ended the year by surpassing the milestone of 4m paying Viaplay subscribers, having added almost 1 million subscribers during the year.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Starzplay expands internationally
Dec 16, 2021 – Starzplay is celebrating a collection of partner launches in the second half of 2020 including a new presence in the Nordics with NENT/Viaplay. In addition, Starzplay has expanded this month with Vodafone in Italy, Sky in Switzerland and Molotov in France, with more planned.
News categories: Starz, Superna Kalle, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Viaplay to launch in the U.S. on December 15
Dec 13, 2021 – Nordic streaming service Viaplay will launch in the US on December 15th. The service will initially be available on Comcast's entertainment devices, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and the recently announced XClass TV.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Viaplay launches in the Baltics
Mar 9, 2021 – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has announced the launch of its Viaplay streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Up until now Viaplay has only been available in the Nordic countries.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Viaplay to be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023
Nov 10, 2020 – NENT Group's Viaplay streaming service will be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the US in 2021. By the end of 2025, NENT Group aims to increase its subscriber base to around 10.5 million.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Streaming, USA
NENT Group and Elisa to launch combined streaming service in Finland
Oct 30, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa will launch a streaming service Elisa Viihde Viaplay in Finland on 3 December. The service brings together content from Viaplay's Finnish 'Films & Series' package and Elisa's streaming service Elisa Viihde Aitio.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Kim Poder, Ani Korpela, Digital TV, Finland, Streaming
NENT Group and Elisa to combine streaming services in Finland
Jun 24, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa have announced that they will bring together their streaming services in Finland in Q4 2020. The combined standalone service will be called Elisa Viihde Viaplay.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Anders Jensen, Veli-Matti Mattila, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Streaming
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK