Digital TV News: NENT Group
Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
May 18, 2022 – Pluto TV has expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Viaplay paying subscribers up 33% in 2021 to 4,005k
Feb 8, 2022 – The NENT Group has released results for the period January-December 2021. The company ended the year by surpassing the milestone of 4m paying Viaplay subscribers, having added almost 1 million subscribers during the year.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Starzplay expands internationally
Dec 16, 2021 – Starzplay is celebrating a collection of partner launches in the second half of 2020 including a new presence in the Nordics with NENT/Viaplay. In addition, Starzplay has expanded this month with Vodafone in Italy, Sky in Switzerland and Molotov in France, with more planned.
News categories: Starz, Superna Kalle, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Viaplay to launch in the U.S. on December 15
Dec 13, 2021 – Nordic streaming service Viaplay will launch in the US on December 15th. The service will initially be available on Comcast's entertainment devices, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and the recently announced XClass TV.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Viaplay launches in the Baltics
Mar 9, 2021 – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has announced the launch of its Viaplay streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Up until now Viaplay has only been available in the Nordic countries.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Viaplay to be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023
Nov 10, 2020 – NENT Group's Viaplay streaming service will be rolled out in 10 countries by the end of 2023, including Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and the US in 2021. By the end of 2025, NENT Group aims to increase its subscriber base to around 10.5 million.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Streaming, USA
NENT Group and Elisa to launch combined streaming service in Finland
Oct 30, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa will launch a streaming service Elisa Viihde Viaplay in Finland on 3 December. The service brings together content from Viaplay's Finnish 'Films & Series' package and Elisa's streaming service Elisa Viihde Aitio.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Kim Poder, Ani Korpela, Digital TV, Finland, Streaming
NENT Group and Elisa to combine streaming services in Finland
Jun 24, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa have announced that they will bring together their streaming services in Finland in Q4 2020. The combined standalone service will be called Elisa Viihde Viaplay.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Anders Jensen, Veli-Matti Mattila, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Streaming
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars