Digital TV News: NOS
NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 3, 2022 – NOS has releases results for the first quarter of 2022. Fixed access pay TV continued to grow with nine thousand net adds in 1Q22 more than offsetting the decline in lower revenue legacy DTH services.
News categories: NOS, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Actus Digital unveils remote video monitoring for MVPDs
Apr 20, 2022 – Actus Digital has launched Actus RVM, a quality assurance solution for MVPDs. Actus RVM allows MVPDs to gain real-time insights into their viewers' QoS, verify local ad insertion and timing, and ensure that TV service operations are running smoothly.
News categories: Actus Digital, Keith DesRosiers, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
NPAW to present smart CDN Balancer, new analytics capabilities at NAB 2022
Mar 31, 2022 – NPAW will be introducing CDN Balancer, a smart system to balance loads between content delivery networks (CDNs) based on quality of experience, as well as expanded analytics capabilities for video streaming at NAB 2022.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
beIN MEDIA selects Quortex and Cognacq-Jay Image to power sports streaming
Mar 29, 2022 – Cognacq-Jay Image, in partnership with Quortex, has announced that beIN MEDIA has chosen Quortex’s technology to provide streaming services for its sports content in the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Cognacq-Jay Image, Quortex, beIN MEDIA, François Nguyen, Marc Baillavoine, Faisal Al Raisi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
holoride brings XR experiences to Audi vehicles
Mar 12, 2022 – Beginning in June 2022, Audi will make holoride extended reality (XR) experiences available through its vehicles' MIB 3 infotainment system, opening up a new level of immersion in entertainment, educational, gaming, and well-being content.
News categories: holoride, Audi, Digital TV, In-Car, Metaverse, Worldwide
OKAST integrates Ad Insertion Platform's SSAI
Mar 11, 2022 – Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) has partnered with OKAST to integrate AIP's server-side-ad-insertion (SSAI) technology into OKAST's platform as well as sell OKAST customers' ad inventory, supporting the platform's AVOD and FAST channels expansion.
News categories: Ad Insertion Platform, OKAST, Laurent Potesta, Cédric Monnier, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Telenor chooses DataMiner experience and performance management solution
Mar 10, 2022 – Skyline Communications has announced that Telenor has chosen its DataMiner platform as the experience and performance management solution for its renewed converged television and video streaming services platform.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Telenor, Dominique De Paepe, Tommy Hexeberg, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, QoE, Sweden
datafuelX launches predictive analytics for media selling and buying
Mar 3, 2022 – datafuelX has launched. The company’s first two predictive analytics solutions help media, agencies and brands extract greater value from their media spend and converge linear reach and digital targeting through the power of advanced analytics.
News categories: datafuelX, Jay Amato, Howard Shimmel, Spencer Lambert, Michael Strober, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report