Digital TV News: NOS
Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
Jul 21, 2021 – Innovid has announced the findings of a report, conducted in partnership with the ANA and 20 leading advertisers, that looks at new KPIs, benchmarks, and best practices for marketers making the move to CTV.
News categories: Innovid, Bill Duggan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Linear programming lives on as FAST channels make gains in the U.S.
Jul 20, 2021 – Despite the proliferation of subscription streaming services in the U.S. streaming market, ad-supported streaming options continue to gain momentum, according to a Horowitz Research report.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, USA
WOWOW equips streaming service with NPAW video intelligence
Jul 13, 2021 – WOWOW has integrated NPAW video intelligence, in collaboration with INNOTECH. NPAW insights will help build stronger connections with subscribers, discover user needs and new business opportunities.
News categories: NPAW, WOWOW, Brian Pang, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Big Data, Digital TV, Japan, OTT, QoE
Telestream & NPAW integrate network and client video QoE solutions
Jul 1, 2021 – Telestream and NPAW have integrated NPAW's Youbora and the Telestream IQ Video Quality Assurance Solution to enable users to monitor and quickly respond to issues arising in video processing and distribution paths.
News categories: Telestream, NPAW, Calvin Harrison, Ferran G. Vilaró, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Magnite acquires CTV ad serving platform SpringServe
Jul 1, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has acquired SpringServe. SpringServe's technology manages multiple aspects of video advertising for CTV publishers such as inventory routing, customized ad experiences, and advanced podding logic.
News categories: Magnite, SpringServe, Michael Barrett, Joseph Hirsch, Christo Owen, Brian Hunt, Travis Hockersmith, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
Jun 23, 2021 – Irdeto and INVIDI are rolling out technology that enables TV set-top boxes containing Irdeto's broadcast middleware to become instantly addressable, allowing the insertion of ads via INVIDI's Edge platform.
News categories: Irdeto, INVIDI, Shane McCarthy, Prasad Sanagavarapu, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
Jun 22, 2021 – According to ANACOM, in 1st quarter 2021 there were 4.3 million subscribers to pay TV in Portugal, 153,000 more (+3.7%) than in the same quarter of 2020, driven mainly by growth in FTTH subscribers.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, OTT
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT