Digital TV News: NOS
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tata Elxsi powers entertainment experience for OSNtv subscribers
May 18, 2023 – Tata Elxsi and OSN have collaborated to develop OSNtv Box, an Android device delivering Pay TV and OTT services in one place. The box is powered by Tata Elxsi's AndroidTV solution suite.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, OSN, Tarun Joshi, Devrim Malak, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Chinese brands boost global TV shipments to pre-pandemic levels
May 16, 2023 – TrendForce has found that Chinese brands have pushed global TV shipments in 1Q23 to 43.37 million units. In 2Q23 shipments are expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels at 47.26 million units.
News categories: TrendForce, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
NOS pay TV subscribers steady at 1.665 million in 1Q 2023
Apr 26, 2023 – NOS has released results for the period ended March 31, 2023. Fixed Pay TV subscribers grew by 7.5 thousand in the quarter to 1.442 million. Pay TV DTH subscribers fell 6.2 thousand to 223.7 thousand.
News categories: NOS, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Media Distillery improves user experience at VodafoneZiggo
Apr 25, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that VodafoneZiggo has implemented its EPG Correction Distillery to improve the user experience for its nearly 4 million video subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Media Distillery, VodafoneZiggo, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Leo-Geert van den Berg, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
MSG Networks partners with LTN for delivery of live sports coverage
Apr 13, 2023 – LTN is enabling MSG Network's transition from satellite to terrestrial IP-based distribution. The transition is key to the soon-to-be-launched MSG+ live sports service.
News categories: LTN, MSG Networks, Chris Myers, David Schafer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TestTree unveils ATSC 3.0/1.0 network monitoring tool at NAB 2023
Apr 12, 2023 – TestTree is introducing its EdgeProbe Nano ATSC 3.0/1.0 at NAB 2023. The tool is easy to transport, allowing technicians to validate and monitor 24/7 all points of the ATSC network.
News categories: TestTree, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, North America, QoE
Pay TV subscriptions in Portugal up 136,000 in 2022
Apr 14, 2023 – According to Anacom, at the end of 2022 96.4% of households in Portugal had pay-TV equating to 4.5 million subscribers, 136 thousand (+3.1%) more than in the previous year.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
FreeCast launches no cost FAST channel creation service
Apr 10, 2023 – FreeCast has launched FreeCast FAST, an end-to-end solution for niche content producers and influencers wishing to turn video content into monetizable FAST channels.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media