Digital TV News: O2 Czech Republic
O2 Czech Republic launches 'Multidimensional Television' with SmartLabs
Sep 5, 2018 – O2 Czech Republic has launched their next generation interactive TV service in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. SmartLabs has announced that they worked side by side with the O2 team to specify, develop and deliver the bespoke project.
News categories: SmartLabs, O2 Czech Republic, Mikhail Grachev, Branislav Valo, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
O2 TV and Mautilus release first HbbTV application with SMS payments
Mar 2, 2017 – O2 Czech Republic has announced the launch of an HbbTV application with integrated SMS payments to monetize its video content via HbbTV on terrestrial FTA channels. The application was developed by Mautilus.
News categories: Mautilus, O2 Czech Republic, Lubos Lnenicka, Branislav Valo, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, Terrestrial
O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
Nov 24, 2015 – O2 Czech Republic has announced the availability of a new set-top box. The box allows for reception of the company's O2 TV Air service over a connection from any internet service provider.
News categories: O2 Czech Republic, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Migration of O2 Czech Republic customers to nangu.TV platform completed
May 14, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that it has completed the migration of O2 customers to the nangu.TV Media Platform. nangu.TV began working with O2 last summer when the operator re-launched its O2 TV service in the Czech Republic.
News categories: nangu.TV, O2 Czech Republic, David Duron, Jakub Kabourek, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telefónica Pay TV subscribers down 35,000 in 1Q 2014
May 9, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its first quarter 2014 results. Pay TV accesses rose 8% year-on-year to 3.567 million. Total subscribers were down from 3.602 million at the end of 2013 owing to the sale of o2 Czech Republic.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Germany, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
ADB provides software and services to O2 Czech Republic
Apr 16, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has been appointed by O2 Czech Republic to manage the migration of o2's IPTV subscribers from Alcatel-Lucent MiViewTV middleware to the nangu.tv platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, O2 Czech Republic, David Duron, Peter Balchin, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telefónica España adds 49k IPTV subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 26, 2010 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its fourth quarter 2009 results. Worldwide, pay TV accesses stood at around 2.5 million at the end of 2009, 9.8% up from a year earlier. In Spain net adds were 48,725 to finish the year at 702,980.
News categories: Telefónica, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Telefónica España resumed IPTV subscriber growth in 2Q09
Jul 30, 2009 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its second quarter 2009 results. Pay TV accesses worldwide reached 2.4 million at the end of June, almost 19.4% more than a year ago. Performance improved in Spain with net adds of 4,715 in the quarter.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
O2 Czech Republic adds 5k IPTV subscribers in 2Q09
Jul 29, 2009 – Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, a.s. announces its unaudited financial results for the first half of 2009. The total number of O2 TV customers reached 133 thousand at the end of June 2009, up by 35% year-on-year.
News categories: Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, Czech Republic, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools