Digital TV News: Ooredoo
MENA OTT revenues to quadruple
Jul 17, 2017 – Middle East & North Africa OTT TV episodes and movies will generate revenues of $1.75 billion by 2022; more than quadruple the $428 million recorded in 2016. SVOD’s dominance of the sector will grow, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
Ooredoo launches first 4K/UHD channels in the Middle East with Harmonic
Mar 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Ooredoo has launched the first 4K TV channels in the Middle East using a next-generation Electra video compression solution for all-IP environments.
News categories: Harmonic, Ooredoo, Ian Graham, Fatima Sultan Al Kuwari, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar
Indosat Ooredoo to bundle iflix OTT service
Apr 27, 2016 – Malaysia-based iflix has partnered with Indosat Ooredoo to deliver TV shows, movies and more from iflix' library to Indosat's customers in Indonesia.
News categories: Indosat Ooredoo, iflix, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, OTT
Ooredoo begins era of 4K entertainment in Qatar
Feb 16, 2016 – Ooredoo has launched Ooredoo tv in Qatar. The service, which will replace Ooredoo’s Mozaic TV, has been designed as an evolution in home entertainment services, combining apps, on-demand and live television in one easy-to-use box.
News categories: Ooredoo, Waleed Al Sayed, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar, Set Top Box
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
Jan 27, 2015 – Ooredoo Maldives has announced the launch of Live TV in partnership with PlayCast Maldives. PlayCast Maldives is providing the service for the first time via Ooredoo 3G+ and 4G LTE network, exclusively to Ooredoo customers.
News categories: Ooredoo, SP Sarathy, Mohamed Fayaz, Cable TV, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
Middle East presents huge growth opportunities for Pay TV industry
Apr 8, 2014 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced key findings from its annual Middle East Media Market Monitor. The report estimates that at the end of 2013, 4.35 million households in the MENA region subscribed to at least one Pay TV service.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud