Digital TV News: Open IPTV Forum
HbbTV 2.0 specification released
Feb 10, 2015 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of version 2.0 of the HbbTV specification. The specification is a major update adding support for companion screens and synchronisation to broadcast delivered content.
News categories: HbbTV Association, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
Sep 1, 2014 – AirTies Wireless Networks has partnered with Norigin Media to launch a multimedia casting Set-top box (STB) which is used to cast TV and Video streams from mobile devices onto larger screens at home. The STB will be on display at IBC 2014.
News categories: AirTies, Norigin Media, Bulent Celebi, Espen Erikstad, Apps, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
DCC LABS joins HbbTV
Sep 1, 2014 – DCC LABS has announced that it has become a member of Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV), a global initiative defining specifications that streamline and accelerate deployment of IPTV services.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, DCC LABS, Marek Kiełczewski, HbbTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Open IPTV Forum and HbbTV Association merge
Jun 17, 2014 – The members of the Open IPTV Forum and the HbbTV Association have announced that they have merged their future activities into a single organization within the legal structure of the HbbTV Association.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Open IPTV Forum, Nilo Mitra, Klaus Illgner, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
AirTies launches wireless ‘Set-top Box To Go’
Mar 18, 2014 – At TV Connect 2014, AirTies will be showcasing a portable wireless set-top box. Measuring 10x10cm, the miniature STB attaches wirelessly to the IP gateway and can easily be moved from room to room.
News categories: AirTies, Bulent Celebi, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV
Open IPTV Forum publishes HTML5 profile for Connected TVs
Jun 4, 2013 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has published a profile of HTML5, CSS, DOM3 and other related web technologies aimed at connected TV services and devices that implement a browser-based application environment.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
ABOX42 to show new M12 IPTV and OTT STB at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new M12 IPTV and OTT STB at TV Connect. The M12 enables service providers to deliver new IP-based TV content and services, upgrade existing customers and create new business models. The M12 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7231 IP STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying