Digital TV News: Philippe Rivas
ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
Mar 15, 2018 – ATEME and CANAL+ have extended their partnership to include UHD premium services. Leveraging ATEME’s continuous research and innovation in picture quality, CANAL+ workflow can now process both SD, HD and UHD content.
News categories: ATEME, CANAL+, Michel Artières, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, France, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Quantenna provides wireless chipsets for Canal+ France
Jan 29, 2018 – Quantenna (Nasdaq:QTNA) has announced that the Canal+ 'G9' satellite STB integrates Quantenna's 802.11ac 4x4 chipset to distribute video to its companion 'G9-mini' wireless OTT STB. The G9-mini integrates Quantenna's 2x4 dual-band 802.11ac/11n chipset.
News categories: Quantenna, Canal+, David Carroll, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Canal+ unveils hybrid 4K ultra HD STB powered by Frog by Wyplay
Jan 25, 2018 – Canal+ Group has unveiled its new 4K ultra HD STB powered by Wyplay. Fully hybrid, with streams coming from satellite and internet, this new 4K ultra HD STB delivers a new user experience with an unrivalled fluidity.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
Jan 18, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its content protection is securing CANAL+ Group's new 4K Ultra HD service. NAGRA CONNECT ensures content protection via satellite, OTT or within the home in addition to access control for users authorized by CANAL+.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA and CANAL+ renew and expand content protection partnership
Sep 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and CANAL+ Group have announced that they have renewed and expanded their content protection partnership. NAGRA will provide the operator with conditional access systems while also delivering a new range of anti-piracy services.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Africa, Caribbean, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Madagascar, Mauritius, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Vietnam
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT, Satellite
CANAL+ selects Quadrille Push Technology for satellite VOD service
Jan 21, 2014 – CANAL+ Group has selected Quadrille’s QUADRIFAST™ Push VOD technology for integration in its set-top boxes to provide push VOD services to its subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, CANAL+ Group, Philippe Rivas, Laurence Grosbost, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices