Digital TV News: Philips
TP Vision adds Mediaset app to Philips Smart TVs for Italy
Feb 28, 2023 – TP Vision has announced that the Mediaset app is now available on all Philips 2022 TVs featuring TP Vision's Smart TV OS, and also on the 2023 Smart TV lineup to be released later this year in Italy.
News categories: TP Vision, Mediaset, Michele Uslenghi, Pablo Falanga, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
Jan 29, 2023 – 24i has announced that it has supported Signify with the creation of its Philips Hue Sync TV App. The app synchronizes the color of the lighting in a consumer's room with the content they are seeing on their Samsung TV.
News categories: 24i, Signify, Dr. Neale Foster, George Yianni, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smart TVs may lose support after only two years, Which? finds
Jan 13, 2023 – Expensive, high-end smart products risk losing features and functionality or posing a security risk after as little as two years because manufacturers are failing to provide vital tech updates, Which? has found.
News categories: Which?, Rocio Concha, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Roku introduces The Roku Channel in Mexico
Oct 13, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of The Roku Channel in Mexico. The Roku Channel is a free streaming channel available on Roku devices that offers users access to thousands of movies and TV episodes.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
DTS Play-Fi wireless audio launching on Vestel and Philips TVs
Aug 31, 2022 – At IFA, attendees will be able to see Vestel's first DTS Play-Fi enabled TVs. In addition, DTS Play-Fi Home Theater for TVs is coming to Philips’ OLED+937, OLED807, and PUS8807 'The One' TV lines.
News categories: DTS, Dannie Lau, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart Home, Smart TV
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
Jun 24, 2022 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Euronews to distribute the Euronews French, German, English-language channels, and AVOD contents to ZEASN’s WhaleLive, the FAST service on ZEASN-enabled smart TVs.
News categories: ZEASN, Euronews, Winson Chen, Maxime Carboni, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bloomberg linear channels available on ZEASN-powered Smart TVs
Jun 9, 2022 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Bloomberg. The deal encompasses the launch of the linear streaming channels Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg Quicktake on WhaleLive in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and other territories.
News categories: ZEASN, Bloomberg, Winson Chen, Soo Kan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV