Digital TV News: Rai
AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
Dec 1, 2021 – AWS (NASDAQ: AMZN) is powering the vast majority of Discovery’s infrastructure needs to deliver its discovery+ on-demand streaming video service, its digital services, and more than 450 linear TV channels to viewers around the world.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Discovery, Inc, Kathrin Renz, Avi Saxena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
Nov 22, 2021 – Quarterly TV shipment for 3Q21 reached 52.51 million units, representing an 8.3% QoQ increase but a 14.7% YoY decrease, according to TrendForce. Demand for TVs was constrained by the increase in various country’s vaccination rates as well as rising retail prices for TV sets.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
Nov 23, 2021 – IBC has announced that the in person IBC2021 event has been cancelled. The move follows growing concerns about the COVID-19 situation in The Netherlands, which has deteriorated over the past week, and feedback from the IBC exhibitor and visitor community.
News categories: IBC, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2021, Netherlands, Worldwide
Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
Nov 18, 2021 – Movistar+ and Amazon have consolidated their partnership to include Prime Video in the user experience of the Movistar+ platform. The new proposition is being rolled out in Spain in a progressive deployment to be completed on November 24th.
News categories: Movistar, Prime Video, Cristina Burzako, Barry Furlong, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Metaverse driving AR/VR device shipment growth
Nov 21, 2021 – The growth of the metaverse will drive an increasing number of companies to participate in the build-out of the virtual world, with use cases such as social communities, gaming/entertainment, content creation, virtual economy, and industrial applications all becoming important points of focus in the coming years, according to TrendForce.
News categories: TrendForce, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Radix to launch updated Android TV Manager at IBC 2021
Nov 15, 2021 – Radix will exhibit live in-person at IBC showcasing its enterprise device management solutions, and launching a new version of its Android TV Manager, a tailor-made solution for telcos, operators and service providers.
News categories: Radix, Michael Shoham, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2021, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IBC to move ahead with live Amsterdam show
Nov 16, 2021 – IBC has confirmed that IBC2021 will take place on December 3-6 at The RAI in Amsterdam. The announcement follows a Board decision to continue with the planned event because it can be delivered safely and create the business momentum that the industry needs.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC2021, Netherlands, Worldwide
Multichoice reports results to end 3Q 2021
Nov 11, 2021 – MultiChoice has reported results for the period ended 30 September 2021 (1H FY22). The group increased its 90-day active subscriber base by 1m to reach 21.1m, split between 12.2m households in the Rest of Africa (RoA) and 8.9m in South Africa.
News categories: Multichoice, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
fuboTV Inc. to acquire Molotov SAS
Nov 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has agreed to acquire France's Molotov SAS. The combined technology capabilities of the two companies will enable fuboTV to launch its streaming platform on a global scale.
News categories: fuboTV, Molotov, David Gandler, JeanDavid Blanc, Africa, Canada, Digital TV, France, MandA, Spain, Streaming, USA
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0