Digital TV News: Rakuten TV
Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
Apr 20, 2021 – Rakuten TV has expanded its free content offering on Samsung's AVOD service with the launch of over 20 of the its own and third-party channels on Samsung TV Plus across 16 European markets.
News categories: Rakuten TV, Samsung, Rakuten Advertising, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
Community Fibre chooses Netgem's TV framework for ISPs
Dec 11, 2020 – Community Fibre and Netgem are to launch Community Fibre TV, based on Netgem’s branded solution for UK ISPs. The service will launch early next year, following on from the success of Origin TV this year.
News categories: Netgem, Community Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
Oct 26, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, the Spanish video market has witnessed a polarisation of fortunes in 2020. While many segments have been heavily impacted, others have seen their audiences expand.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Spain
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Digital video booms in UK during lockdown
Jul 22, 2020 – Data released by BASE has shown that UK consumer spend on digital film to buy and keep grew by more than 87% during the lockdown period to a year-to-date value of £113 million to the end of June.
News categories: British Association for Screen Entertainment, Liz Bales, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
Jun 29, 2020 – Origin broadband and Netgem have joined forces to offer Origin TV, a multiscreen service. The product offers an entertainment experience at a great price as an alternative to the traditional expensive broadband TV offerings.
News categories: Netgem, Origin Broadband, Sylvain Thevenot, Oliver Bryssau, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021