Digital TV News: RealD
Sonic and RealD Align to Drive Home 3D
Jun 9, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and RealD have announced a strategic alliance. As part of the collaboration, Sonic is integrating the propriety stereoscopic RealD Format into its RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, RealD, Media Player, Metaverse, Streaming
Zoran Licenses RealD Format for Delivery of 3D Content on CE Products
May 25, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) and RealD have announced that Zoran has licensed the stereoscopic RealD Format and will incorporate support for 3D content delivery and display technology into its TV, set-top box and Blu-ray products.
News categories: RealD, Zoran, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Licensing, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV
PopBox™ Leverages RealD Technology to Bring 3D Cinema Experience to HDTVs
May 21, 2010 – PopBox™ has announced that in tandem with RealD it will equip all PopBox devices with the ability to display high-definition 3D content. PopBox is the first over-the-top set-top box to support the stereoscopic RealD Format.
News categories: RealD, PopBox, Digital TV, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sigma Designs Licenses Stereoscopic RealD Format
Apr 19, 2010 – RealD and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) have announced that support for the stereoscopic RealD Format has been incorporated into Sigma Designs' Media Processors for the delivery and display of high definition 3D content.
News categories: RealD, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cablevision Licenses RealD Format for 3D Content in the Home
Mar 24, 2010 – RealD and Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) have announced that Cablevision has licensed the stereoscopic RealD Format for the delivery of high definition 3D content to the home.
News categories: RealD, Cablevision, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Metaverse, Set Top Box, USA
Toshiba and RealD Collaborate to Bring 3D to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) and RealD have announced that they will cooperate in bringing 3D technology to Toshiba TVs, including support for the stereoscopic RealD Format, as Toshiba advances development of REGZA TVs able to deliver HD quality 3D content.
News categories: RealD, Toshiba, CES2023, Metaverse, Smart TV
Panasonic and RealD Announce Alliance On 3D Technologies
Jan 6, 2010 – Panasonic (NYSE: PC) and RealD have announced a technology tie-up that will enable consumers who purchase Panasonic's Full HD 3D VIERA® TVs to enjoy a high quality Full HD 3D viewing experience powered with RealD technology.
News categories: RealD, Panasonic, CES2023, Metaverse, Smart TV
DIRECTV and RealD Work Together to Deliver 3D Content to the Home
Jan 6, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and RealD are currently working together to deliver high-definition 3D movies and TV programming via satellite to DIRECTV subscribers. The delivery of RealD Format content works with existing HD set-top boxes.
News categories: RealD, DIRECTV, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Metaverse, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Toshiba Unveils Powerful CELL TV™ for the USA
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba has announced that the company has developed groundbreaking home entertainment technology and is introducing the ZX900 Series CELL TV™ into the U.S. market. CELL TV is the focal demonstration of Toshiba's 2010 CES exhibit.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, DVR, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania