Digital TV News: Rich Nelson
Broadcom unveils portfolio for RDK Video Accelerator program
Sep 10, 2019 – In advance of IBC, RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced an expanded relationship in which Broadcom joined the RDK Video Accelerator program and introduced a portfolio of pre-integrated RDK based chipset solutions.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Metrological, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
RDK Management and Broadcom agree to integrate SDKs
Feb 7, 2018 – RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced that they have entered into a development agreement to integrate chipset-level software development kits (SDKs) from Broadcom with RDK’s open source software.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Steve Heeb, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
Feb 10, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a family of cable multichannel receiver SoCs. The BCM3158x family integrates Full-Band Capture (FBC) technology with 4, 8 or 16 QAM demodulators, providing pin compatible front ends for a broad range of STB and home gateway platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA integrates security clients with Broadcom HEVC-UHD SoCs
Sep 3, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced new product integrations with Broadcom’s 28nm UHD SoC designed to address the modern security needs of pay-TV service providers in an increasingly connected world threatened by piracy.
News categories: NAGRA, Broadcom, Maurice van Riek, Rich Nelson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces Ultra HD SoC with VP9p60 decode support
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced its next-generation Ultra HD home gateway and set-top box system-on-chip. The BCM7445S continues Broadcom's leadership in Ultra HD technology with the addition of VP9p60 decode support.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadcom enables KT Skylife Ultra HD satellite STB
May 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that KT Skylife, a leading satellite broadcast provider in South Korea, has deployed the world's first Ultra HD set-top box built on Broadcom's single chip HEVC 4K/Ultra HD satellite solution, the BCM7376.
News categories: Broadcom, KT Skylife, Rich Nelson, Han Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
V-Nova announces PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 1, 2015 – V-Nova has announced the public release of a number of video compression products based on its PERSEUS technology. PERSEUS offers 2-3x compression gains under practical operating scenarios versus H.264, HEVC and JPEG2000.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Digital TV, Media Player
Broadcom delivers DOCSIS 3.0 cable set-top box platform for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a small form-factor DOCSIS 3.0 set-top box (STB) engineered for the cable market in China. The offering supports advanced features such as OTT video, broadband data services, and home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households