Digital TV News: Rich Nelson
Broadcom unveils portfolio for RDK Video Accelerator program
Sep 10, 2019 – In advance of IBC, RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced an expanded relationship in which Broadcom joined the RDK Video Accelerator program and introduced a portfolio of pre-integrated RDK based chipset solutions.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Metrological, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2021, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
RDK Management and Broadcom agree to integrate SDKs
Feb 7, 2018 – RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced that they have entered into a development agreement to integrate chipset-level software development kits (SDKs) from Broadcom with RDK’s open source software.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Steve Heeb, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
Feb 10, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a family of cable multichannel receiver SoCs. The BCM3158x family integrates Full-Band Capture (FBC) technology with 4, 8 or 16 QAM demodulators, providing pin compatible front ends for a broad range of STB and home gateway platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA integrates security clients with Broadcom HEVC-UHD SoCs
Sep 3, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced new product integrations with Broadcom’s 28nm UHD SoC designed to address the modern security needs of pay-TV service providers in an increasingly connected world threatened by piracy.
News categories: NAGRA, Broadcom, Maurice van Riek, Rich Nelson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces Ultra HD SoC with VP9p60 decode support
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced its next-generation Ultra HD home gateway and set-top box system-on-chip. The BCM7445S continues Broadcom's leadership in Ultra HD technology with the addition of VP9p60 decode support.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom enables KT Skylife Ultra HD satellite STB
May 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that KT Skylife, a leading satellite broadcast provider in South Korea, has deployed the world's first Ultra HD set-top box built on Broadcom's single chip HEVC 4K/Ultra HD satellite solution, the BCM7376.
News categories: Broadcom, KT Skylife, Rich Nelson, Han Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
V-Nova announces PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 1, 2015 – V-Nova has announced the public release of a number of video compression products based on its PERSEUS technology. PERSEUS offers 2-3x compression gains under practical operating scenarios versus H.264, HEVC and JPEG2000.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Digital TV, Media Player
Broadcom delivers DOCSIS 3.0 cable set-top box platform for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a small form-factor DOCSIS 3.0 set-top box (STB) engineered for the cable market in China. The offering supports advanced features such as OTT video, broadband data services, and home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025