Digital TV News: Rich Nelson
Broadcom unveils portfolio for RDK Video Accelerator program
Sep 10, 2019 – In advance of IBC, RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced an expanded relationship in which Broadcom joined the RDK Video Accelerator program and introduced a portfolio of pre-integrated RDK based chipset solutions.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Metrological, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2022, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
RDK Management and Broadcom agree to integrate SDKs
Feb 7, 2018 – RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced that they have entered into a development agreement to integrate chipset-level software development kits (SDKs) from Broadcom with RDK’s open source software.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Steve Heeb, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
Feb 10, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a family of cable multichannel receiver SoCs. The BCM3158x family integrates Full-Band Capture (FBC) technology with 4, 8 or 16 QAM demodulators, providing pin compatible front ends for a broad range of STB and home gateway platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA integrates security clients with Broadcom HEVC-UHD SoCs
Sep 3, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced new product integrations with Broadcom’s 28nm UHD SoC designed to address the modern security needs of pay-TV service providers in an increasingly connected world threatened by piracy.
News categories: NAGRA, Broadcom, Maurice van Riek, Rich Nelson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces Ultra HD SoC with VP9p60 decode support
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced its next-generation Ultra HD home gateway and set-top box system-on-chip. The BCM7445S continues Broadcom's leadership in Ultra HD technology with the addition of VP9p60 decode support.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadcom enables KT Skylife Ultra HD satellite STB
May 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that KT Skylife, a leading satellite broadcast provider in South Korea, has deployed the world's first Ultra HD set-top box built on Broadcom's single chip HEVC 4K/Ultra HD satellite solution, the BCM7376.
News categories: Broadcom, KT Skylife, Rich Nelson, Han Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
V-Nova announces PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 1, 2015 – V-Nova has announced the public release of a number of video compression products based on its PERSEUS technology. PERSEUS offers 2-3x compression gains under practical operating scenarios versus H.264, HEVC and JPEG2000.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Digital TV, Media Player
Broadcom delivers DOCSIS 3.0 cable set-top box platform for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a small form-factor DOCSIS 3.0 set-top box (STB) engineered for the cable market in China. The offering supports advanced features such as OTT video, broadband data services, and home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger