Digital TV News: RiksTV
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Northern Waves reschedules Oslo TV conference to 2022
Feb 9, 2021 – Norigin Media has announced that the conference will not take place in Oslo in 2021. The TV technology and business conference will instead become a series of online compact conferences in the spring and autumn of 2021.
News categories: Norigin Media, Northern Waves, Ajey Anand, COVID-19, Norway, Show
RiksTV launches Smart TV Apps with Norigin Media
Jan 12, 2021 – RiksTV has now launched on a range of Samsung Tizen Smart TV models. The apps, branded RiksTV and Strim, were developed by Norigin Media, using its React-based TV App Framework.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming
Norway's Strim to launch Smart TV apps with Norigin Media
Apr 28, 2020 – Strim, one of the newest streaming services in Norway, owned by TV distributor RiksTV, has chosen Norigin Media to build its new TV Apps on Smart TVs. With this agreement, Strim will expand its streaming service onto large screens.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Strim, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming
Fibre becomes leading technology for pay TV distribution in Norway
May 13, 2019 – Fibre has become the leading technology for the distribution of pay TV in Norway according to the country's National Communications Authority (Nkom). At the end of 2018, there were over 2.2 million TV subscriptions in the country, 28,000 fewer than a year earlier.
News categories: Nkom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Eurofins selected by RiksTV for DTT testing
Nov 8, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has been selected by RiksTV, a leading Norwegian digital terrestrial TV (DTTV) provider, to automate monitoring of service availability of RiksTV digital TV and HDTV services.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, RiksTV, Johan Craeybeckx, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Digital TV, Norway, QoE, Terrestrial
RiksTV deploys AdScribe audience measurement and analytics
Oct 10, 2017 – AdScribe has announced that RiksTV has deployed its audience measurement and analytics tool AdScribe Audience to accurately measure live TV; time-shift TV; catch-up TV; and VOD content viewed on connected set-top boxes; Android™ apps; and iOS devices.
News categories: AdScribe, RiksTV, Donal O'Connor, Ole Martin Andersen, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Zenterio and RiksTV launch Smartbox II
Sep 14, 2015 – Zenterio and Norway's RiksTV have announced that they will be rolling out Smartbox II, a hybrid set-top-box with Zenterio OS. Smartbox II supports a faster viewer experience, integrated support for WiFi and a more responsive remote control.
News categories: Zenterio, RiksTV, Jörgen Nilsson, Christopher Knudsen, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box
Zenterio and RiksTV launch support for companion devices in Norway
Mar 3, 2015 – Zenterio has announced that it continues to collaborate with Norway’s second largest pay TV distributor RiksTV. The latest launch includes support for companion devices as well as an improved user interface for a seamless experience of RiksTV’s digital and OTT services.
News categories: Zenterio, RiksTV, Robin Rutili, Christopher Knudsen, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification