Digital TV News: Romulo Pontual
Miso Connects Social TV to DIRECTV
Sep 1, 2011 – Miso and DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) have announced the launch of the first social TV app synchronized with television viewing, enabling real-time social features that change based on what you're watching.
News categories: DIRECTV, Miso, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart Home, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
DIRECTV Selects NDS Videoguard Connect™, the DRM for Multi-Platform Pay-TV
Aug 31, 2011 – NDS has announced that DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has selected NDS' VideoGuard Connect™ DRM for multi-platform pay-TV to protect and enable their multi-platform Over-The-Top (OTT) and home networking services.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, OTT, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV Launches Field Trial of Home Media Center with Industry's First RVU-Enabled DIRECTV Server
May 18, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has recently started field trial testing for its highly anticipated DIRECTV® Home Media Center that will ultimately provide customers with a 'receiver-less' solution for many TVs in their homes.
News categories: RVU Alliance, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV Extends Contract with NDS for Advanced Set-top Box Software and DVR Solutions
Mar 16, 2011 – NDS has announced that it has renewed its agreement with DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) to continue to deliver set-top box (STB) software and digital video recorder (DVR) technology to DIRECTV U.S. and DIRECTV Latin America through January 2016.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, DVR, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Samsung and DIRECTV Partner to Deliver World's First RVU-Compatible Production Television
Jan 7, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) and Samsung (KRX:005930,005935; LSE:SMSN,SMSD) have announced that they have partnered to present the world's first RVU-compatible production televisions.
News categories: Samsung, DIRECTV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Technicolor and DIRECTV Sign Contract Extension for Set-Top Boxes
Jul 29, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: FR0010918292; NYSE: TCH) has announced the signing of a three year contract extension to provide a wide range of SD and HD set-top boxes to DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV).
News categories: Technicolor, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, VR
DIRECTV launches Whole-Home DVR service
Jun 7, 2010 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is giving customers a virtual HD DVR in any room of the home with the launch of its new DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service, which is currently available to DIRECTV customers nationwide.
News categories: DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
MoCA Adds Mid-RF Frequencies To MoCA 1.1 Specification For DBS Operators
Apr 20, 2010 – MoCA has added an extension to its MoCA 1.1 specification for satellite operators. MoCA operating frequencies now cover 500-1500 MHz, from the current 850-1500 MHz range. DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) will be the first to deploy the mid-RF frequencies.
News categories: MoCA, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NXP Powers DIRECTV's New Generation High-Definition DVR
Jan 28, 2010 – NXP has announced that its complete High Definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) satellite system on chip (SoC) solution has been adopted by DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) to develop the next generation of HD DVR satellite receivers.
News categories: NXP, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand