Digital TV News: Romulo Pontual
Miso Connects Social TV to DIRECTV
Sep 1, 2011 – Miso and DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) have announced the launch of the first social TV app synchronized with television viewing, enabling real-time social features that change based on what you're watching.
News categories: DIRECTV, Miso, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart Home, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
DIRECTV Selects NDS Videoguard Connect™, the DRM for Multi-Platform Pay-TV
Aug 31, 2011 – NDS has announced that DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has selected NDS' VideoGuard Connect™ DRM for multi-platform pay-TV to protect and enable their multi-platform Over-The-Top (OTT) and home networking services.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC, Satellite, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
DIRECTV Launches Field Trial of Home Media Center with Industry's First RVU-Enabled DIRECTV Server
May 18, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has recently started field trial testing for its highly anticipated DIRECTV® Home Media Center that will ultimately provide customers with a 'receiver-less' solution for many TVs in their homes.
News categories: RVU Alliance, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DIRECTV Extends Contract with NDS for Advanced Set-top Box Software and DVR Solutions
Mar 16, 2011 – NDS has announced that it has renewed its agreement with DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) to continue to deliver set-top box (STB) software and digital video recorder (DVR) technology to DIRECTV U.S. and DIRECTV Latin America through January 2016.
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV, DVR, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Samsung and DIRECTV Partner to Deliver World's First RVU-Compatible Production Television
Jan 7, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) and Samsung (KRX:005930,005935; LSE:SMSN,SMSD) have announced that they have partnered to present the world's first RVU-compatible production televisions.
News categories: Samsung, DIRECTV, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Technicolor and DIRECTV Sign Contract Extension for Set-Top Boxes
Jul 29, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: FR0010918292; NYSE: TCH) has announced the signing of a three year contract extension to provide a wide range of SD and HD set-top boxes to DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV).
News categories: Technicolor, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, VR
DIRECTV launches Whole-Home DVR service
Jun 7, 2010 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is giving customers a virtual HD DVR in any room of the home with the launch of its new DIRECTV® Whole-Home DVR service, which is currently available to DIRECTV customers nationwide.
News categories: DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
MoCA Adds Mid-RF Frequencies To MoCA 1.1 Specification For DBS Operators
Apr 20, 2010 – MoCA has added an extension to its MoCA 1.1 specification for satellite operators. MoCA operating frequencies now cover 500-1500 MHz, from the current 850-1500 MHz range. DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) will be the first to deploy the mid-RF frequencies.
News categories: MoCA, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NXP Powers DIRECTV's New Generation High-Definition DVR
Jan 28, 2010 – NXP has announced that its complete High Definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) satellite system on chip (SoC) solution has been adopted by DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) to develop the next generation of HD DVR satellite receivers.
News categories: NXP, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community