Digital TV News: SDMC
3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
May 6, 2021 – TCC has gone live with a hybrid TV platform based on the Android TV OS Operator Tier. The service is enabled by SDMC's DV8545-C STB and powered by the 3READY Product Framework, 3SS’ front end and UI solution.
News categories: 3SS, SDMC, TCC, ZetaTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Laurence Yan, Javier Ruete, Android TV, Argentina, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Uruguay, UX
Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
Nov 18, 2020 – Minerva Networks and SDMC have announced that they have completed the integration of an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators. Recent deployments include E-Networks of Guyana, Comteco in Bolivia, and Dhiraagu in the Maldives.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SDMC, Randy Osborne, Laurence Yan, Android TV, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Guyana, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Tencent Cloud and SDMC launch cloud-based SaaS video streaming services
Apr 29, 2020 – Tencent Cloud has signed an MOU with SDMC. Leveraging Tencent Cloud's technology and SDMC's experience in OTT, the parties will offer SDMC XMediaTV Cloud, a cloud-based SaaS video streaming solution for OTT operators around the globe.
News categories: Tencent Cloud, SDMC, Poshu Yeung, David Li, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Vietnam
SDMC provides technology for Telkom Indonesia's IndiBox
Feb 2, 2019 – SDMC has announced a collaboration with Telkom in Indonesia. The companies have signed a cooperation agreement for OTT TV platform development and the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes for Telkom's IndiBox project.
News categories: SDMC, Telkom Indonesia, Android TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box, Streaming
SDMC wins Android TV certification for OTT STB
Sep 20, 2017 – In September 2017, the OTT TV Box DV8219 launched by SDMC obtained Android TV™ official certification, making SDMC the third authorized company in China after ZTE and Xiaomi.
News categories: SDMC, Android TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
UniqCast partners with SDMC for hybrid DVB-T
Apr 15, 2016 – UniqCast and SDMC have integrated the SDMC DVB-T2/IP hybrid, Android-based STB, with the UniqCast IPTV / OTT middleware platform. Having the most popular linear TV channels over DVB-T makes significant savings in network utilization.
News categories: UniqCast, SDMC, Darko Robic, David Li, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service