Digital TV News: SGO
ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
Jan 10, 2022 – Greek state TV broadcaster, ERT, has launched the latest version of its ERTFLIX OTT platform. The new backend implementation and updated interface are the result of cooperation with Telmaco and Insys Video Technologies.
News categories: Insys Video, Telmaco, ERT S.A., Ernest Kałaczyński, Constantinos Moraitis, Ioannis Vougiouklakis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Streaming, UX
BrawBand selects Netgem TV to bring fibre and TV bundles to Scotland
Dec 17, 2021 – BrawBand has launched a 200 channel TV offering in partnership with Netgem TV. BrawBand Customers will also have access to Freeview Play in addition to a choice of 'add on' subscription apps, all via a 4K TV Box.
News categories: Netgem, BrawBand, Shan Eisenberg, David Siegel, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Channel 4 to share streaming content performance data with producers
Aug 19, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched its Producers Performance Report which gives individual producers valuable data on how their new programmes have performed on All 4 and the broadcaster’s linear channels.
News categories: Channel 4, Emma Hardy, Rebecca Thompson, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
Nov 28, 2019 – EE has treated commuters to an AR gig over 5G starring British band, Bastille. Bastille performed at Birmingham’s New Street Station, while fans in Liverpool and Edinburgh live streamed the performance using Nreal mixed reality glasses and the latest Samsung devices.
News categories: EE, Pete Jeavons, 5G, Digital TV, Metaverse, UK
Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
Oct 9, 2019 – Insys Video Technologies has realized three implementations in Poland of its InsysGO solution for local cable TV operators: Elsat, TEL-KAB and Telkab. As a result, users gain the opportunity to watch TV channels live and have an access to movies on demand.
News categories: Insys Video, Norbert Kaczmarek, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland
Three UK to launch 5G network in August
Jun 10, 2019 – Following trials with customers in London, Three UK has announced that it will launch 5G in August with a 5G home broadband service in London. Three will then launch both mobile and home broadband offerings in 25 towns and cities across the UK before the end of the year.
News categories: Three UK, Dave Dyson, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, UK
Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
May 16, 2019 – Insys Video has announced technology to automate identification of celebrities and inappropriate content in OTT content. Viewers can, for example, find the exact point in the show where a celebrity appears, while nudity and violence can be automatically flagged and blurred.
News categories: Insys Video, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Vodafone 5G goes live in the UK in July
May 14, 2019 – Vodafone will switch on its 5G network for both consumers and business customers in seven cities across the UK on 3 July 2019. In a worldwide first, Vodafone will also offer 5G roaming in the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain over the summer.
News categories: Vodafone, Nick Jeffery, 5G, Mobile, UK
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion