Digital TV News: Scott Lorson
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Netflix coming to Fetch TV in Australia
Feb 16, 2015 – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service, the two companies have announced. The partnership also includes the New Zealand market.
News categories: Fetch TV, Netflix, Scott Lorson, Bill Holmes, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
TransACT partners with FetchTV in Australia
May 11, 2012 – TransACT has announced that it has partnered with FetchTV to offer television services in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura on its DOCSIS 3 network. The fetchtv service offers free and subscription TV, internet entertainment, and a video store.
News categories: FetchTV, TransACT, Australia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Optus partners with FetchTV to develop multi-device IPTV service
May 9, 2011 – Optus has announced that it is partnering with FetchTV to jointly develop an IPTV service with integrated mobile functionality for smartphones and tablet devices. The service is scheduled for launch in the second half of 2011.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
iiNet invites Australia to go Fetch(TV)
Jul 6, 2010 – iiNet has partnered with FetchTV to launch Australia's first true national IPTV service, giving customers access to the best of digital Free-to-Air and subscription television over their existing broadband connection.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
Australian FetchTV Launches with Orca Interactive RiGHTv Middleware
Apr 21, 2010 – Australian based FetchTV has selected Orca Interactive to supply its RiGHTv IPTV as the middleware platform for FetchTV's wholesale subscription TV service.
News categories: Orca Interactive, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Australian First: iiNet Gets Set to Play FetchTV
Apr 12, 2010 – Australia's iiNet (ASX: IIN) has announced its partnership with FetchTV, confirming it will be the first ISP to deliver the digital TV service directly to Australian lounge rooms over an iiNet customer's ADSL2+ broadband connection.
News categories: iiNet, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics