Digital TV News: Scott Lorson
Fetch TV rolls out Mighty Gen 4 personal video recorder
May 2, 2022 – Fetch TV has begun rolling out its latest set-top box, the Mighty Gen 4 Personal Video Recorder (PVR). The Mighty Gen 4 PVR is powered by the latest chipset and Wi-Fi technology, and is an upgrade to the Mighty Gen 3 PVR.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, Adam Turner, Trevor Long, Stephen Fenech, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Terrestrial
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Netflix coming to Fetch TV in Australia
Feb 16, 2015 – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service, the two companies have announced. The partnership also includes the New Zealand market.
News categories: Fetch TV, Netflix, Scott Lorson, Bill Holmes, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
TransACT partners with FetchTV in Australia
May 11, 2012 – TransACT has announced that it has partnered with FetchTV to offer television services in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura on its DOCSIS 3 network. The fetchtv service offers free and subscription TV, internet entertainment, and a video store.
News categories: FetchTV, TransACT, Australia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Optus partners with FetchTV to develop multi-device IPTV service
May 9, 2011 – Optus has announced that it is partnering with FetchTV to jointly develop an IPTV service with integrated mobile functionality for smartphones and tablet devices. The service is scheduled for launch in the second half of 2011.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
iiNet invites Australia to go Fetch(TV)
Jul 6, 2010 – iiNet has partnered with FetchTV to launch Australia's first true national IPTV service, giving customers access to the best of digital Free-to-Air and subscription television over their existing broadband connection.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution