Digital TV News: Sling Media
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
VOXX Automotive and Amazon to bring Fire TV to the Automotive market
Jan 6, 2020 – VOXX Automotive (NASDAQ: VOXX) has announced that in collaboration with Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), it will be developing solutions that will bring Amazon's Fire TV to the automotive market.
News categories: VOXX Automotive, Amazon, Ed Mas, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
Sling Media introduces Slingbox M2
Jul 16, 2015 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the release of the Slingbox M2. With the Slingbox M2 bundle, today's generation has access to their live and recorded home TV content from anywhere on their personal computers, tablets and smartphones without the previous cost-by-device barrier.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Slingbox M1 launches in UK and Europe
May 12, 2015 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the availability of the Slingbox M1, a re-designed Slingbox featuring WiFi connectivity, capable of delivering HD-quality video to the most popular mobile devices in the United Kingdom and Europe.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Digital TV, Europe, Placeshifting, Smart Home, UK
VOXXHirschmann to bring Slingplayer in-vehicle
Nov 11, 2014 – VOXXHirschmann has formed a partnership with Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) that allows VOXXHirschmann to integrate a customized vehicle specific version of the Slingplayer app into its rear-seat entertainment and vehicle connectivity products.
News categories: Sling Media, VOXX International, Michael Hawkey, Pat Lavelle, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, North America, Placeshifting
Sling Media and ViXS team on Network Transcoder for MSOs and MVPDs
Oct 15, 2014 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) and ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) have announced their collaboration on Sling Media's new network transcoder, a plug-and-play, stand-alone Slingbox targeted at MSOs and MVPDs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Sally Daub, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) has announced that Service Electric has selected the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with Media Streamer giving Service Electric subscribers the ability to stream live and recorded content throughout the home and on the go.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Service Electric, John M. Walson, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere, USA
Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that South Carolina's Comporium will sell its ARRIS MS4000 under the name 'Moxi Sling'. The box enables subscribers to access live and recorded Comporium content both inside and outside the home.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Comporium, Matthew Dosch, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, TV Everywhere, USA
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected