Digital TV News: Smart TV Alliance
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance introduces SDK 4.0 toolkit
Feb 11, 2015 – Smart TV application developers can develop apps faster with the new Smart TV Alliance software development kit. New and updated toolkit features help developers reach the Alliance’s 58 million compatible smart TVs in a single, integrated process.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
One-third of smart TVs compatible with the Smart TV Alliance development toolkit
Jan 5, 2015 – Application developers registered with the Smart TV Alliance can now develop applications for 58 million smart TVs in a single, integrated process within the Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0 published
Sep 10, 2014 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced the publication on its Common Developer Portal of Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0. So far, more than 4,000 smart TV application developers have download the Smart TV Alliance SDK.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal goes live
Jun 2, 2014 – Smart TV application developers can now use a single, integrated process to publish their applications to compliant Smart TV Alliance members’ smart TVs. This makes the publication process simpler, more cost-effective and faster.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based 'M20' smart set-top box at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new 'M20' IPTV and OTT Smart STB at IBC 2013. The M20 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7241 HD IP STB SoC and delivers a full suite of internet-based frameworks and applications.
News categories: ABOX42, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
ABOX42 to show new M12 IPTV and OTT STB at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new M12 IPTV and OTT STB at TV Connect. The M12 enables service providers to deliver new IP-based TV content and services, upgrade existing customers and create new business models. The M12 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7231 IP STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange
Smart TV Alliance announces updated SDK and new members at CES 2013
Jan 6, 2013 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced that five new manufacturers and solution providers have joined the Alliance to stimulate cross-platform Smart TV applications and services. The Alliance will also announce an updated SDK at CES 2013.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Qualcomm and MStar join Smart TV Alliance
Aug 30, 2012 – The Smart TV Alliance has added new members with expertise from different areas of the Smart TV industry. The Alliance is working on specifications for its SDK 2.0 with the actual SDK tool available by the end of the year for use by developers.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania