Digital TV News: Smart TV Alliance
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance introduces SDK 4.0 toolkit
Feb 11, 2015 – Smart TV application developers can develop apps faster with the new Smart TV Alliance software development kit. New and updated toolkit features help developers reach the Alliance’s 58 million compatible smart TVs in a single, integrated process.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
One-third of smart TVs compatible with the Smart TV Alliance development toolkit
Jan 5, 2015 – Application developers registered with the Smart TV Alliance can now develop applications for 58 million smart TVs in a single, integrated process within the Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0 published
Sep 10, 2014 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced the publication on its Common Developer Portal of Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0. So far, more than 4,000 smart TV application developers have download the Smart TV Alliance SDK.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Common Developer Portal goes live
Jun 2, 2014 – Smart TV application developers can now use a single, integrated process to publish their applications to compliant Smart TV Alliance members’ smart TVs. This makes the publication process simpler, more cost-effective and faster.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based 'M20' smart set-top box at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new 'M20' IPTV and OTT Smart STB at IBC 2013. The M20 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7241 HD IP STB SoC and delivers a full suite of internet-based frameworks and applications.
News categories: ABOX42, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
ABOX42 to show new M12 IPTV and OTT STB at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new M12 IPTV and OTT STB at TV Connect. The M12 enables service providers to deliver new IP-based TV content and services, upgrade existing customers and create new business models. The M12 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7231 IP STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange
Smart TV Alliance announces updated SDK and new members at CES 2013
Jan 6, 2013 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced that five new manufacturers and solution providers have joined the Alliance to stimulate cross-platform Smart TV applications and services. The Alliance will also announce an updated SDK at CES 2013.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Qualcomm and MStar join Smart TV Alliance
Aug 30, 2012 – The Smart TV Alliance has added new members with expertise from different areas of the Smart TV industry. The Alliance is working on specifications for its SDK 2.0 with the actual SDK tool available by the end of the year for use by developers.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Apps, Digital TV, IFABerlin, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service