Digital TV News: Star Communication
TiVo and Echostar/DISH Network Statements on Decision by U.S. Court of Appeals
Mar 4, 2010 – TiVo and Echostar/DISH Network have issued statements regarding the decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals on TiVo's Lawsuit Against EchoStar.
News categories: TiVo, DISH Network, Echostar, DVR, Patent, Satellite
Silver Star Deploys Calix Unified Access Infrastructure
Apr 27, 2009 – Calix has announced that Silver Star Communications has deployed Calix's Unified Access Infrastructure across its network. Along with high-speed data services to customer premises, Silver Star offers services like IPTV and in-home network support.
News categories: Calix, Silver Star Communications, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
GET Norway Selects TANDBERG Television for Cable VOD Network Upgrade
Sep 9, 2008 – TANDBERG Television has announced that its OpenStream® Digital Services Platform and market-leading EQ8096 Edge QAM solutions have been selected by Get Norway to help create its video-on-demand (VOD) services which it will launch this autumn.
News categories: TANDBERG, Get, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Norway
Star Communication Deploys Three TANDBERG Television VOD Systems in China
Mar 19, 2008 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that its OpenStream® Digital Services Platform is being deployed by its business partner Star Communication Network Technology Co. Ltd for three regional cable operators in China.
News categories: TANDBERG, Star Communication, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
DISH Network Reports Fourth Quarter 2007 Financial Results
Feb 26, 2008 – DISH Network (Nasdaq:DISH) added approximately 85,000 net new subscribers during the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2007, giving the company approximately 13.78 million subscribers as of that date, an increase of 675,000 subscribers compared to the number of subscribers as of Dec. 31, 2006.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Sling Media to Demonstrate Award-Winning SlingPlayer Mobile for BlackBerry at CES
Jan 4, 2008 – Sling Media has announced that for the first time the company will be showing their award-winning SlingPlayer Mobile software running on RIM BlackBerry® smartphones at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 7th - 10th.
News categories: Sling Media, CES2022, OTT, Placeshifting, Smartphone
Sling Media Unveils Top-of-Line Slingbox PRO-HD
Jan 4, 2008 – Sling Media has announced its next generation Slingbox™ PRO-HD, a revolutionary new product that is capable of streaming HD content from a home television source to a laptop or desktop computer in and around the house.
News categories: Sling Media, Broadband, CES2022, Digital TV, Media Player, Placeshifting, Smart Home, USA
EchoStar Communications Corporation Announces Distribution Date for the Separation of Its Businesses
Dec 28, 2007 – EchoStar Communications (Nasdaq:DISH) (re-named DISH Network Corporation) will retain the pay-TV business, with EchoStar Holding Corporation holding the technology and certain infrastructure assets, including the set-top box business and certain satellite assets.
News categories: EchoStar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, MandA, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development