Digital TV News: StarHub
NAGRA supports StarHub’s transition to IP platform
Sep 4, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has completed the end-to-end integration of StarHub’s multi-network pay-TV services into the operator’s brand new Hubtricity facility.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Stéphane Le Dreau, Chong Siew Loong, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
StarHub and Nielsen combine TV audience and consumer data
May 19, 2017 – StarHub and Nielsen have partnered to offer TV advertisers enhanced profiling options by fusing StarHub's TV audience measurement data with consumption statistics from Nielsen Consumer and Media View in Singapore.
News categories: StarHub, Nielsen, Germaine Ng Ferguson, Annette Kunst, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
Asia Pacific OTT TV & video revenues to triple
May 18, 2016 – OTT TV and video revenues for the Asia Pacific region will reach $18,396 million in 2021; up from $707 million in 2010 and $5,741 million in 2015, according to Digital TV Research. China will overtake Japan in 2016 to become market leader.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
BBC Player to launch with StarHub later this year
Apr 27, 2016 – BBC Worldwide has announced the launch of BBC Player, an SVOD service that will allow viewers to watch BBC programmes anytime anywhere. It will be available in Singapore to StarHub TV customers later this year.
News categories: BBC Worldwide, StarHub, Paul Dempsey, Monty Ghai, Howie Lau, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
StarHub adopts NAGRA's Netflix solution for STBs
Apr 26, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has successfully partnered with StarHub, Singapore’s leading pay TV operator, to launch the Netflix subscription-on-demand (SVOD) service on its Fibre TV platform.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Wang Li-Na, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
CATCHPLAY On Demand launches in Taiwan
Mar 23, 2016 – CATCHPLAY has announced the launch of its CATCHPLAY On Demand service in Taiwan. It also announced partnerships with StarHub Singapore and Telkom Indonesia which will have associate services launching in the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: CATCHPLAY, Telkom Indonesia, StarHub, Timothy Chen, Daphne Yang, Joddy Hernady, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, Singapore, Streaming, Taiwan
Kudelski Group announces its 2015 annual results
Feb 18, 2016 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2015 annual results. In 2015, the Group strengthened its position in the TV market with a series of new contracts and deployments.
News categories: NAGRA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
StarHub pay TV subscribers down 1.2% in 2015
Feb 16, 2016 – StarHub has announced results for the fourth quarter and full year ended 31 December 2015. On December 31, 2015, the company's Pay TV subscriber base was 536,000 down 6,200 in the quarter and down 6,500 YoY.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
StarHub and Netflix announce partnership
Jan 17, 2016 – StarHub and Netflix have announced a partnership that will bring Netflix, the world's leading Internet TV network, to StarHub’s Fibre TV customers through their set-top boxes by the early second quarter of 2016.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Howie Lau, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying