Digital TV News: Stephen Reeder
Ekioh launches first multithreaded embedded browser
May 1, 2018 – Ekioh has unveiled Flow, a multithreaded HTML browser specifically designed for multi-core processors that delivers a vastly improved user experience. Flow’s layout and animation performance is more than double the speed of other browsers on multi-core silicon.
News categories: Ekioh, Piers Wombwell, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Exterity selects Ekioh TV Browser
Apr 10, 2018 – Ekioh has announced that Exterity has selected Ekioh's TV Browser for its range of IPTV and digital signage solutions. Products are already being deployed in corporate offices, hospitals, hotels, casinos and airports through the world using the two companies' technologies.
News categories: Ekioh, Exterity, Stephen Reeder, Dave Allan, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Wiztivi and Ekioh provide browser-based UI at Argentina's Telecentro
Mar 28, 2017 – Wiztivi and Ekioh have announced that they have worked alongside cable operator Telecentro on a set-top box deployment in Argentina, together providing the User Experience running on the box.
News categories: Ekioh, Wiztivi, Stephen Reeder, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX, Video Exchange
STK TV-SAT 364 selects Ekioh SVG UI Engine
Apr 25, 2016 – STK TV-SAT 364 has started to roll out an IPTV service in Poland using its RevoTV platform and Ekioh’s SVG UI Engine. The service uses set top boxes from Arris, Albis and Infomir.
News categories: Ekioh, TV-SAT 364, RevoTV, Stephen Reeder, Piotr Okupski, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Poland, Set Top Box
Altech Multimedia selects Ekioh's Twin Engine UI Browser
Sep 8, 2015 – Ekioh and Altech Multimedia have announced that Altech Multimedia has selected Ekioh's Twin Engine UI Browser for their high end DTR9401 IPTV set top box. The set top box has already been selected by a Middle Eastern network operator.
News categories: Ekioh, Altech Multimedia, Stephen Reeder, Marco Caputo, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middle-East, Middleware, Set Top Box
DTVKit HbbTV 1.5 now available on the Ekioh TV Browser
Jun 4, 2015 – DTVKit has announced that their HbbTV 1.5 solution is now available on the Ekioh TV Browser. This provides the industry with a commercially sourced browser and the availability of the first turn-key HbbTV solution together with Ekioh.
News categories: Ekioh, DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Stephen Reeder, Paul Martin, ANGA COM, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
Nov 20, 2014 – Zenterio has announces that the company has integrated Ekioh’s HTML5 TV Browser with its Zenterio OS. Ekioh’s TV Browser provides Zenterio with HTML5 features including the ability to support HTML5 middleware and render the latest OTT portals from within their TV operating system UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Ekioh, Marco Frattolin, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Dune HD partners with Ekioh for high end user interface performance
Jan 21, 2014 – Ekioh has announced that Dune HD has deployed its twin rendering engine technology on their most popular TV series set top boxes, opening the market for advanced middleware implementations featuring high graphics performance.
News categories: Ekioh, Dune HD, Dr. Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RiksTV Uses Ekioh Engines to Launch OTT Services in Norway
Nov 20, 2012 – Ekioh has announced that RiksTV have launched a range of new services in Norway using Ekioh's SVG & HTML engines. The Ekioh engines are at the heart of two new digital hybrid set-top boxes manufactured by Strong which are being sold to Norwegian customers through the retail market.
News categories: Ekioh, RiksTV, Strong Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification