Digital TV News: Steve Reynolds
Antix Digital acquires streaming and compression portfolio from Imagine Communications
Feb 1, 2021 – Antix Digital has acquired Imagine Communications' live streaming and compression portfolio. The new company will develop the products further while taking over service and support for existing customers.
News categories: Antix Digital, Imagine Communications, Tony Huang, Steve Reynolds, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
ARRIS announces first Comcast RDK-based Whole Home Network and Entertainment Gateway
Jan 7, 2013 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced the cable industry's first whole home network and entertainment system: the ARRIS Media Gateway MG2402 based on the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK).
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
Broadcom Powers Comcast X1 Cloud-based TV Experience
Jan 7, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has chosen its BCM7125 system-on-a-chip (SoC) for use in the RNG150N interactive STB now shipping to subscribers.
News categories: Broadcom, Comcast, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace and Broadcom Develop Ultra-Fast IP Client with MoCA 2.0
Jan 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced an ultra-fast, high performance IP client set-top box with MoCA 2.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, developed in partnership with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) using the Xi3 product specification and RDK software developed by Comcast.
News categories: Pace plc, Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Intel develops Comcast multiscreen video gateway with ARRIS
Jan 7, 2013 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that it is collaborating with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) so that customers can enjoy the XFINITY TV experience on IP set-top boxes, Ultrabook™ devices, Intel-based all-in-one PCs, tablets and smartphones as well as smart TVs.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, ARRIS Group, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Intel Licenses Reference Design Kit from Comcast
Oct 24, 2012 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced it has licensed the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), which will allow it to work with Comcast and other cable operators to develop and deploy set-top box solutions for consumers around the globe.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace Sign License Agreement for Comcast Reference Development Kit (RDK)
Oct 17, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Development Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK). The RDK is pre-integrated software that creates a common framework for powering tru2way®, IP or hybrid STBs and video gateways.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Licensing, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying