Digital TV News: Steve Oetegenn
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
Verimatrix selected as Multi-DRM provider for Minerva's Your TV Now
Nov 6, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that its MultiRights OTT solution has been deployed to secure the Your TV Now service from Minerva Networks. Hosted via the Verimatrix Secure Cloud, MultiRights OTT harmonizes multiple DRMs via a common platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Minerva Networks, Steve Oetegenn, Mauro Bonomi, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV
Oct 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced Hathway as its latest Verimatrix VCAS Ultra customer. Hathway selected the cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first STB of its kind in India to be built on the Android TV O operating system.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hathway, Steve Oetegenn, Vivekanand Tripathi, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
NetSat deploys VCAS for DVB to secure Pakistan's Dawn News TV
Sep 12, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Pakistan's NetSat has deployed the Verimatrix' VCAS for DVB. The VCAS architecture specifically benefits the local Dawn News TV channel as it transitions from analog to encrypted digital free-to-air video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetSat, Steve Oetegenn, Syed Rafi Uddin Faisal, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Pakistan, Satellite
Com Hem upgrades Verimatrix protection for Android TV deployment
Sep 4, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Com Hem has upgraded to VCAS Ultra to provide pay-TV security for a new deployment. Built on the Android N (Nougat) operating system, a new STB is being rolled out to Com Hem's 1.4 million subscribers.
News categories: Verimatrix, Com Hem, Steve Oetegenn, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden, Terrestrial
Dhiraagu selects Verimatrix to secure TV streaming in the Maldives
Jun 27, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Maldivian telecommunications and digital services provider Dhiraagu has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid solution to secure IPTV and OTT video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dhiraagu, Steve Oetegenn, Ahmed Maumoon, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
MYBOX taps Verimatrix for DVB cardless security
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that MYBOX has integrated its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB into its newest line of digital set-top boxes (STBs). The solution packages locally-manufactured STB hardware with advanced conditional access.
News categories: Verimatrix, MYBOX, Steve Oetegenn, Amit Kharabhanda, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Verimatrix provides security for Tohokushinsha Film's OTT services
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced implementation of its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) at Tohokushinsha Film Corporation (TFC) to secure its OTT services. The cloud-based deployment includes MultiRights OTT for DRM as part of VCAS Ultra.
News categories: Verimatrix, Tohokushinsha Film, Steve Oetegenn, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Japan, Streaming
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion