Digital TV News: Strategy Analytics
Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
Jul 21, 2021 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than 665 million homes worldwide had a Smart TV at the end of 2020. This equates to 34% of global households, a figure that is set to rise to 51% by 2026 when ownership will reach 1.1 billion homes.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Edouard Bouffenie, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
ZEASN launches Smart Voice solutions
May 27, 2021 – ZEASN has unveiled its Whale Speaker OS and Whale AI Voice smart voice solutions. Whale Speaker OS is an operating system for smart speakers. Whale AI Voice provides Alexa skills for connected devices.
News categories: ZEASN, Raymond Chung, Colombia, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
May 6, 2021 – Strategy Analytics-Teligen has introduced a benchmarking system that compares communication service offers across all permutations of services bundles in accordance with the recently approved OECD methodology.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Josie Sephton, Bernadette Finn, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
U.S. consumer spending on streaming video to pass pay TV in 2024
Apr 27, 2021 – According to Strategy Analytics, U.S. consumer spending on traditional pay TV will decline to $74.5B in 2023. By contrast, spending on streaming services will grow to reach $76.3B in 2024, passing pay TV for the first time.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, TV Services, USA
8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
Apr 7, 2021 – According to Strategy Analytics, 8K TV adoption will begin to build momentum over the next few years, reaching 72 million households by 2025. North America will be the leading region with close to 25 million households owning at least one 8K TV set.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Edouard Bouffenie, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
30% of UK households now use Samsung's Tizen Smart TV platform
Mar 23, 2021 – Nearly a third of UK households now connect at least one TV to the internet using Samsung’s Tizen smart TV platform, according to Strategy Analytics. Samsung holds a clear lead over platforms operated by Amazon, Sony and LG.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Tizen Smart TV streaming platform scaled new heights in 2020
Mar 16, 2021 – Samsung’s Tizen smart TV streaming platform further extended its lead in 2020 as the number of Tizen devices in use worldwide increased by 21% year-on-year to 162.3 million, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon takes lead as connected TV device sales hit new peak
Mar 9, 2021 – Global sales of connected TV devices soared to a record in Q4 2020, reaching 109.1 million units, according to Strategy Analytics. Amazon became market leader for the first time with a market share of 12.1%.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Edouard Bouffenie, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership