Digital TV News: Synamedia
Synamedia extends OTT piracy protection to the CDN
Oct 7, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard, the first solution to protect content across all open platforms - whether mobile, browsers, or smart TVs - and the first to extend service protection to the CDN.
News categories: Synamedia, Nitsan Baider, Janice Pearson, Jennifer Kent, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia offers 'zero compromise' 8K encoding using AMD EPYC processors
Sep 29, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that it has achieved 8K real-time encoding and streaming with ‘zero compromise’ on its VIVID Compression platform powered by AMD EPYC 7763 processors.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Synamedia pre-integrates security and business solutions with Android TV
Sep 1, 2021 – Synamedia, using Google’s Broadcast Stack for hybrid STBs, has developed pre-integrated Android TV solutions including UIs, watermarking and broadcast/OTT security, business insights and addressable advertising.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia acquires ContentArmor
Aug 9, 2021 – Synamedia has acquired ContentArmor, a developer of forensic watermarking solutions. Synamedia is now uniquely placed to meet video service providers' edge and 5G security demands.
News categories: Synamedia, ContentArmor, Paul Segre, Alain Durand, 5G, Digital TV, MandA, Watermarking, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia unveils suite of data-driven SaaS products for pay TV
Mar 17, 2021 – Synamedia has unveiled Synamedia Go, a modular suite of data-driven SaaS services that provide a way for pay-TV operators and OTT/D2C streaming providers to augment and create value from their technology platforms.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sports piracy reduction could unlock $28.3bn in new revenue
Mar 15, 2021 – Service providers and rights holders can unlock up to $28.3 billion in new revenue each year by reducing sports piracy, according to a report from Synamedia in partnership with Ampere Analysis.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Yael Fainaro, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Synamedia launches Clarissa business insights solution
Feb 17, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Clarissa, a business insights solution that takes a holistic view of traditional pay-TV and OTT businesses to reveal critical behavioral and consumption insights.
News categories: Synamedia, Amruta Shankar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service