Digital TV News: Thomas Christensen
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
Dec 10, 2018 – Nordija has announced that it is providing the technology behind the soon-to-be-launched IPTV service Ting TV. The software platform fokusOn was chosen by US fibre operator Ting as the engine behind the solution.
News categories: Nordija, Ting, Thomas Christensen, Michael Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Amino announces Nordija middleware integration
Sep 9, 2014 – Amino has announced that its A150 IPTV platform has been successfully integrated with Nordija fokusOn, a widget-based IPTV and multiscreen middleware and service delivery platform.
News categories: Amino, Nordija, Donald McGarva, Thomas Christensen, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Dune HD Signs Agreement with Nordija to Bring Advanced Interactive TV Services to its Media Player Line-up
Apr 16, 2012 – At the NAB Show 2012, Dune HD announced a partnership with Nordija to add its interactive TV to the Dune HD product line. The first Dune HD media players with Nordija's capabilities are expected to launch within the first half of this year.
News categories: Dune HD, Nordija, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
Danish national broadcaster launches HbbTV pilot
Mar 14, 2012 – Danish national broadcaster DR has launched a pilot HbbTV project. The service, called 'DR NU', is based on Nordija's fokusOn Hybrid TV middleware.
News categories: Nordija, DR NU, Denmark, HbbTV, Middleware, Streaming
Entone and Nordija Deliver Enhanced Hybrid TV Solution
Aug 31, 2011 – Entone and Nordija have announced the availability of Nordija's fokusOn widget-based middleware on Entone's family of Hybrid TV devices and digital video recorders (DVRs).
News categories: Entone, Nordija, DVR, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nordija Partners with AcumenLink to Deliver Widget Based IPTV Middleware to The Americas
Apr 12, 2010 – Nordija, a provider of widget-based IPTV middleware, has announced its entry into the U.S. market in partnership with AcumenLink. The relationship will also open up new channels for other companies within the IPTV ecosystem.
News categories: Nordija, AcumenLink, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, USA
Nordija middleware for Caiway
Sep 15, 2009 – Nordija is integrating its fokusOn3 IPTV platform with Caiway's back end systems. fokusOn3 is an upgraded version of Caiway's existing platform and represents an extended cooperation between the two companies, facilitated by Divitel.
News categories: Nordija, Caiway, Divitel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Netherlands
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022